Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The USA company site at MBUSA.com just listed the 0-60 mph acceleration for the CLA250 at 6.9 seconds. Based on the European figure of 6.7 seconds for 0-100 kph, I would have expected a quicker time of 6.5 seconds or less. Unless there is some subtle difference in the engine tuning or transmission gearing between the USA and European models that I'm not aware of, 6.9 doesn't make any sense to me. I suppose there could be test site differences that account for it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was wondering about what could be the cause. 100Km is 62 miles so it only natural to think you would reach 60 miles quicker than 100Km. The distances are constant so the variables are car, driver, course, conditions, and phase of the moon. I think as much as I don't like it, that the catalytic convertor in the engine exhaust system is the factor. It is not a performance friendly addition.

·
Registered
312 Posts
German auto makers are notorious for underrating performance numbers. I mean, 4.4s for the standard C63? Get real.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am guessing its because they have to tweak it to comply with US regulations and standards, like emission. They are causing the car to be slightly lower.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You are all wrong. It's because Americans are, on the average, fat. So, they have to take that into consideration now.

The sarcasm is thick with this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.