Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
Its been some time I have been deciding to upgrade my cla250dash screen. Mine doesnt have navi/backup or multimedia :(its base model.
After some dig around I think I figured that the one that I have is 8848 modelbased on Aux and round buttons on my dash.

recently I saw below screen, which peaked my interest:
Android 7.1 Car Player GPS Navigation for Mercedes Benz A B CLA GLA 2013 2014 | eBay

Now I saw there are quick plug and play videos, just remove old screen and connect those 2 connectors to new screen and good to go.

can you guys suggest me if its just plug and play or I would need to do extra work to remove vents and dash to connect to internal wires?
There have been some concerns about how I will be able to connect that gps antenna this ebay seller told me about?

Its much cooler compared to what I have, this offers mirror link, USB features etc.
Further more, I am curious if I want to go extra mile and connect back up camera, does mercedes has already wired that stuff or I would have to wire everything from back of front.

Sorry for basic noob questions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think i found his in a local dealer. i will try to visit him if it is that good.

CLA is really performance car but i dont race or break any records. iam starting to get bored with this uncomfy car. that screen hs only naviation and no other tricks. i want apple car play or mirror link.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did anyone end up changing the display? I recently bought a 2014 cla 250 and the display is so small compared to the bezels. Would love to do a swap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I changed my screen to one of the Android screens from ebay. It doesn't display a 12hr clock or mpg but it does have Google play store where I can get any Android app. I've used Netflix YouTube Google maps and even twitch in my car. My breaks at work have never been better (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you do that upgrade yourself? Could you drop a link to one the one that worked? that’s what i’ve been thinking of just to make it look more appealing. A picture would help a ton too

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did it myself. There's plenty of videos on how to replace the screen on YouTube. The screen has 2 screws on the back and then you gotta connect the screen to the radio which is removed by pulling off the air vents and unscrewing some hidden screws in there. I'll get you a picture a little later today and I'll see if I can find a link to a good one for you. The one I bought is from 2016 and was one of the first I seen around. There's much better ones that look the same but have a better interface.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks I’d appreciate it! I like the ones on ebay but i’m hoping to find one that has connectivity to apple car play. If anyone had one that works i’d be super excited. Thanks guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts