Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've recently bought a 2014 Mercades CLA250 AMG Sport 4matic but I'm unable to get any pops and bangs like all the videos suggest? Are my exhaust valves forced closed for any reason?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You dont have a 45 so it wont pop or bang. sport plus will very quietly gurggle when its cold outside but it has a amg exhaust and the sport doesnt.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
That's not a true AMG. No pops unfortunately

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You dont have a 45 so it wont pop or bang. sport plus will very quietly gurggle when its cold outside but it has a amg exhaust and the sport doesnt.
Thank you for your reply. I read something about the Sport varient of the CLA250 having a different exhaust or something as part of the sport plus package. Therefore it sounds different to the standard CLA250?
These videos show this...

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Well ... there are ecu tunes with +$200 option for farts & giggles
Not so much the plumbing as thats the resonance and volume unless you mess with the plumbing segments length/diameter and tune the waveguiding effect to manipulate the exhaust pulse waves etc etc etc ... a long physics exercise so lets forget that
Bottom line a higher flow less baffling system will up the volume and change the pitch and gain a couple hp
Tune the ecu map and the extra braaaps will pop
And fyi - even a stock 250 has muted farts when popping the accelerator off quickly ... though i actually prefer the tight continuous low frequency music ... easier to pick out misfires and engine issues but yeah thats old school

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I read something about the Sport varient of the CLA250 having a different exhaust or something as part of the sport plus package. Therefore it sounds different to the standard CLA250?
These videos show this...

That Video you posted is of a 421 sport plus package. It comes with a amg tuned exhaust. A normal sport model will not come with this option but I believe a resonator delete will get your pretty close to the sound you hear in the video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts