Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know this answer will probably vary, but that's why it's a discussion post, right? I've got this 2016 CLA 250, w/Sport package, etc. - roughly 67K miles. I recently moved from Huntington Beach, CA to Cornelius, NC and have since seemed to notice a decrease in fuel mileage...or maybe I'm just losing my mind from the move lol. The traffic here is a little bit tighter, and by that I mean not as much interstate driving (more stop and go), so I could see that being a factor. But I did also recently have replaced: the front brakes, spark plugs, front tires, and an air filter. I can't imagine any of those things would be affecting it but this is my first go with this type of car so I genuinely have no idea. I plan on doing the manual calculations to try and determine what I'm getting, but I figured in the meantime I would see what everyone else is getting - and if it's anywhere like the advertised ratings. As I recall it's roughly 24 city, 37 hwy. But I drive one way and back for a distance of 22 miles total for work now and I just don't feel like that should be consuming even close to 1/8th of a tank...🤔

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
it will run around 20-21mpg (real not gauge) in city drives so if you get 260-270mi for full tank in those conditions that doesnt violate the default 311mi range (23.6mpg) the computer thinks you should get with a full tank putzin around
it is 3400lb or so being rolled around by a little 1991cc mill so …

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Same here. If you do mainly stop and go city driving , your gas consumption will be high. Once you hit the hwy, has consumption will go down significantly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all, I know this answer will probably vary, but that's why it's a discussion post, right? I've got this 2016 CLA 250, w/Sport package, etc. - roughly 67K miles. I recently moved from Huntington Beach, CA to Cornelius, NC and have since seemed to notice a decrease in fuel mileage...or maybe I'm just losing my mind from the move lol. The traffic here is a little bit tighter, and by that I mean not as much interstate driving (more stop and go), so I could see that being a factor. But I did also recently have replaced: the front brakes, spark plugs, front tires, and an air filter. I can't imagine any of those things would be affecting it but this is my first go with this type of car so I genuinely have no idea. I plan on doing the manual calculations to try and determine what I'm getting, but I figured in the meantime I would see what everyone else is getting - and if it's anywhere like the advertised ratings. As I recall it's roughly 24 city, 37 hwy. But I drive one way and back for a distance of 22 miles total for work now and I just don't feel like that should be consuming even close to 1/8th of a tank...🤔
Hi, I hv a small older model Benz that gets excellent mileage with premium gas, usually purchased @ buying clubs as I’m in OC where u used to be! Recently mileage went way down & car started running rough, I spent $2K on repairs probably not urgently needed, only to find that alcohol was being added by these clubs! I’m back to Mobil & it runs like a dream!

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
oh yeah the c.a.r.b. crap
just surprised sams costco etc dump “other” stuff in their fuel?
i do notice chevron e10 is not ideal but ok and can still extract enough power … but some odd ball unknown joint (that does not get the same delivery tankers) the power band is off … couldnt wait to empty that fill
no e0 pumps near me this e10 corn syrup gibberish is for the birds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts