Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
descriptive post warning

Hi all, I have a CLA250 with roughly 65,000 miles on it. I recently drove it across most of the country, traveling from California to NC. Upon stopping in New Mexico for gas, I started encountering an issue after filling up. The car seemed to stumble and struggle to get up to speed. It smoothed out slightly when it got past 30mph or so, but struggled to go past 70. I pulled over, put some Heet in it, and it seemed to be good as normal. Fast forward a day and I encountered the same issue after filling up again. Initially my father thought it was just a bad batch of gas, but since it has occurred multiple times now it leads us to believe it's something else, such as a fuel evap problem or maybe a fuel filter. When my dad checked for codes, nothing came up, and that's even after the check engine light came on for a brief period of time. Anyone seem to encounter a similar issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Might have a vac leak that is small enough to expand when hot and cause a cel. I would inspect your hoses going to the back of the manifold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have not checked the hoses yet but I did have a friend chime in and say it may be the charcoal canister, as if it got overfilled once and it may have gotten soaked. That will be what I do some reading on next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts