Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CLA 250
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear from those of you with high miles on their CLA250's. Would be interesting to see how many on here have driven theirs a lot, and what repairs have been needed!

1. Year/Model (ie CLA250 base or 4matic)?

2. What major repairs?

3. Oil change interval?

4. What maintenance intervals have you used (Transmission fluid changes, Sparkplug changes)?

·
Registered
2018 CLA 250
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start-I 'only' have 89k on our CLA250 base, bought it at 85k. I've changed the trans oil, getting ready to change sparkplugs. I will be doing 5k oil change intervals, just because I'm picky like that.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I have 120,000 km on my 2015 CLA.

Maintenance work:
engine oil change , every 6 months
brakes work , twice over the past 7 years
transmission fluid service once so far

major work:
replace water pump and coolant thermostat

·
Registered
82 Posts
97K miles 2017 CLA 250
Maintenance work:
Oil Change - Bad for the first 60k miles. Now every 7k miles.
Minor Replacement:
Battery Replacement 2021

Major Replacement:
Replaced PCV (Entire Intake) at 90K miles.
Soon (Brakes) has a few microns left, and I'm hearing a squeak (bearing/belt?) during cold start.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2014 CLA 250 front wheel drive. It has 91,500 miles

Repairs: I replaced the air intake duct for $40 in the engine bay. The heat from the turbo made the plastic intake just above it to have a hole.

I replaced the blower motor behind the glove box. The old one was chirping like baby birds at low speed but it was working fine.

The batteries were replaced in 2019.

Oil change interval? every 10,000 miles

4. What maintenance intervals have you used (Transmission fluid changes, Sparkplug changes)?
Transmission fluid and filter. 60,000 miles. Plugs, 60,000 miles
Engine air filter, 20,000 miles. Cabin air filter, 20,000 miles

·
Registered
71 Posts
201K Miles, on my 2017. two batteries, 4 sets of tires soon to be two sets of brakes, and just the regular maintenance schedule. For the most part driving it hard but letting the turbo cool down before I turn off the motor.
Vehicle Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Font

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome it’s a accomplishment of mine to get to 200k miles out of my CLA! I got my cla 250 2016 at 30k & now I’m at 83,000k. Ive had to replaced about 2 set of tires from Walmart brand racing tires which grip greatly for race purposes, to back to pirrelis oem tires cus of road noise. Replaced both aux battery & main battery.
I’ve done the transmission oil service once. About a oil change every 5k . Replaced spark plugs & brakes bads & rotors to brembo at 55k miles & are still good but I will need to change pads asap. Added GFB Blow off valve & I’ve lowered my cla with hk springs. Added the panamerican grill with the front diffuser & color changing star but it has sadly malfunctioned due to water damage; added carbon whale tail wing . Added 2 stickers to show off some class & added wrap eyebrow on headlights. But I do need to fix front left light due to water leak breaking the ballast. These headlights are sensitive to water & heat, during the summer it heats up 120f in California so my stock intake has burned a hole through itself & black plastic glue epoxy around headlights has melted.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Grille
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car Tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts