Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a A250 which is similar to the CLA250. Since I own it I believe that replacing the intake pipe between air box and turbo intake will have a positive effect on performance. It is very restrictive in the area above the wastegate actuator. I have now contacted a company that might fabricate the pipe as silicone hose and I need some fellas to join an "interest-list". Price is yet unknown and the company also needs a sample of the pipe, so I am estimating costs. Who is interested?

Attachments

·
Vendor
720 Posts
We pulled the whole pipe off on the DYNO, so it was just the turbo pulling in air, it definitely made more boost, but the ECU freaked and we lost about 20 HP. So is it a restriction, yes, will changing it help, no, it will most likely hurt until there are better ECU flashing options to turn off some of that "safety net" that the ECU has built in.

I own a A250 which is similar to the CLA250. Since I own it I believe that replacing the intake pipe between air box and turbo intake will have a positive effect on performance. It is very restrictive in the area above the wastegate actuator. I have now contacted a company that might fabricate the pipe as silicone hose and I need some fellas to join an "interest-list". Price is yet unknown and the company also needs a sample of the pipe, so I am estimating costs. Who is interested?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No wonder you have ECU troubles if you pull the hose off the turbo and have not connected the multiple vacuum hoses and intake sensors this pipe holds... Does not sound like a propper test to me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've talked to Mishimoto about a intake for the CLA 250, since they made one for the CLA 45, and my company also deals with them. And if enough interest is there they would maybe start looking into a prototype, that said, I've heard from many that changing the intake on the 250 just hurts performance not help, mainly because of what turbokits just posted, the ECU freaks out because of the additional air flow.

Reactions: rxccode

·
Registered
611 Posts
I definitely noticed a performance increase with my hg Motorsport intake. It increases airflow by over 50 percent, and no ecu freak out. it's a great option if you're looking for a new intake

·
Vendor
720 Posts
No wonder you have ECU troubles if you pull the hose off the turbo and have not connected the multiple vacuum hoses and intake sensors this pipe holds... Does not sound like a propper test to me.
It was a quick test to find restriction points in the intake system. Definitely not scientific… Just sharing our experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am very interested, please pm me.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
The turbo heated cai port and extended exhaust heated runner would be the places to change imho ... am trying to use the other cai port which makes more sense but then this aint a na motor
maybe there is some german overengineering reason to minimize delta t on either side of the turbo like minimizing t gradients or something
guess the fmic impact is quite significant as its the preintake chamber temp limiter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts