Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it was all said and done things turned out OK ... :cool:
And the engagement of these seem less mushy and slightly shorter stroke with nice feedback

Gauge Auto part Vehicle Car Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Luxury vehicle

Car seat Vehicle Car Auto part Family car

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Yikes! What a project! The finished product looks great!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
very well done! they seem to match the oem color too!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow ?

·
Premium Member
13,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
appreciate the sentiment!

... though that's what I said to myself when the metal paddles did not even come close to working
with the oem units ... then I had parts everywhere ... my airbag was hanging around ready to go
off ... geewhiz I thought it was a fast wham bamm swap em out show but sadly no .... ;-)

·
Registered
415 Posts
appreciate the sentiment!

... though that's what I said to myself when the metal paddles did not even come close to working
with the oem units ... then I had parts everywhere ... my airbag was hanging around ready to go
off ... geewhiz I thought it was a fast wham bamm swap em out show but sadly no .... ;-)
The planning and execution is impressive. Very clean work. Plus that added excitement(?) that is you mess up... You must be very relieved after everything went well. Anyways, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
13,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The planning and execution is impressive. Very clean work. Plus that added excitement(?) that is you mess up... You must be very relieved after everything went well. Anyways, enjoy!
Well I do try to execute the best I can in whatever I do ... but I tell ya for a while there it looked like I botched a c-section on a pregnant steering wheel and left its baby hanging! ?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well I do try to execute the best I can in whatever I do ... but I tell ya for a while there it looked like I botched a c-section on a pregnant steering wheel and left its baby hanging! 
I looked at the prior pictures and what you had to do, I was nervous as if I'm the one in your situation. However now, you have a unique set of paddle shifters. Makes the car more endearing. :cool2:

·
Premium Member
13,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked at the prior pictures and what you had to do, I was nervous as if I'm the one in your situation. However now, you have a unique set of paddle shifters. Makes the car more endearing. :cool2:
Yeah ... glad you can feel the nervousness too ... it was not so much the mechanics, but that dangling airbag
and its wire harness was really freaking me out. I have read horror stories of folks messing with their modern
steering wheels and setting off the airbag ... a lot of pain aside from the embarrassment.
Learned my lesson from the battery exchange ... all sorts of stuff either went back to default or needed to be
completely reset (drove me nuts!) ... so after a few informative PM's on here I decided not to disconnect the
battery ... but I swear the woman here was gonna call the funny farm as I was constantly talking to myself and
the airbag to make sure I knew it's status and was restrained 100% of the time! :cool: :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.