Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is the incorrect place to ask, I'll remove. Recently visited a fairly reputable local shop here in NC for a quote on brake services (front pads + rotors), and spark plugs...the attached is what they quoted. Is this not a little overkill or is this still less than what a dealership would cost? I'm currently working on trying to get someone else to work on it, but was just curious what other people were paying or if this is even in the same ballpark. Kind of my first rodeo doing this and I expected some higher costs but maybe not quite this high...I have a 2016 CLA 250 with the 421 sport package.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
The brake replacement, if includes the parts, is fairly reasonable, although many DIY experts here will tell you, the price is gouching, because if you have the right tools and savvy with DIY, then the cost will be mainly the parts and a couple of hours of grease work.

Spark plugs a little costly... plugs alone will cost you maybe $100, and it should not take one too long to replace the plugs as its not too hard to get at them.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
...is this still less than what a dealership would cost?...
a) Labor rates vary widely.
b) Suggest you phone a Service Advisor at your local MB dealership just to get a quote over the phone for the same work. This will give you a definitive answer immediately, but be prepared to give your VIN if asked.

Reactions: jclarke3102

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine was a Greensboro NC repair shop (eurobahn) brake pads/rotors (no spark plugs) was at $800 it’s the labor I got burned on but they all went up over the years. I can only image how much the stealership would be 😒😒

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate the responses, I know I also gotta consider how little a lot of these guys want to work on the newer vehicles because of how much they suck to work on lol. Does require more knowledge and in these days where everything is expensive anyway it should probably be more expected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts