Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the turbo muffler delete with the GFB vta blow off valve upgrade? I’m ordering the mods, was told these are basic mods that show great results on these cars. I’m also installing a pedal tune throttle response upgrade as well.
If anyone would like to share their thoughts and views I’d greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey bud, i've just recently installed the GFB VTA DV+ aswell as a MST turbo muffler delete on my 2015 250 Sport 4matic.
Definately recommend the VTA DV+! It's not overly obnoxious and gives the car a greater sportier feel. To be honest, havent noticed a lot of difference with the turbo muffler delete but in saying that its only been on the car for 1 day and havent driven it alot.

Oh i've got an AEM intake installed aswell which is a must have!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bud, i've just recently installed the GFB VTA DV+ aswell as a MST turbo muffler delete on my 2015 250 Sport 4matic.
Definately recommend the VTA DV+! It's not overly obnoxious and gives the car a greater sportier feel. To be honest, havent noticed a lot of difference with the turbo muffler delete but in saying that its only been on the car for 1 day and havent driven it alot.

Oh i've got an AEM intake installed aswell which is a must have!
I ended up doing the GFB, turbo muffler delete, pedal tune, Tbox, and spark plugs. What a difference I. Performance. I’m beyond satisfied with it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not sure, I bought the car used but I put high performance NGK plugs in. I’ve added about 30-35 more horsepower to her between all the mods. She really vrooooms

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Thats interesting ... which ngks did you install?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got in touch with this guy Naresh through Flexx YouTube channel who does a lot of How To videos on Mercedes vehicles, very knowledgeable with Mercedes performance parts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was asked not to spill the beans on the specs so I’m not at liberty to say for business purposes but Naresh is a very reliable source for Tornado Tuning that have done extensive testing with these plugs along with these Leads. I can say they have a higher heat range and better bonding efficiency. I’ve been running these for a week now and I definitely feel a an increase in performance although the old plugs were original with 46k miles on them and were shot, I’m pretty satisfied with the upgrade

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Oh ... thought the plugs are commercially available units?
The R35 supposedly uses a DILKAR8A8 ... not sure about the angular position of the ground stalk but the platinum ground pad has a pedestal, the gap is 76um larger, etc. An interesting variant.

And afaik nissan had a deal to just assemble the i4 motors in the us markets for the infiniti cars that shared the m270 engine (q50 qx30)
Though that bedroom deal is toast now i think

1 - 12 of 12 Posts