Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lots of reviews complain about the harsh suspension. I think Mercedes is perhaps making a big mistake not bringing the comfort suspension to the states. Do you hear that Mercedes? At least give us a choice. Please.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lots of reviews complain about the harsh suspension. I think Mercedes is perhaps making a big mistake not bringing the comfort suspension to the states. Do you hear that Mercedes? At least give us a choice. Please.
is the suspension that bad? I know the suspension on the C250 sport is great, maybe a bit firm, but its fine. Would it be different in a FWD vehicle?

·
Registered
339 Posts
The run-flat tires will be the icing on the cake of the harsh ride. But all German cars have crappy rides. Take a ride in a Citroën DS or Peugeot 504 to see what a car can/should ride like....

·
Registered
381 Posts
is the suspension that bad? I know the suspension on the C250 sport is great, maybe a bit firm, but its fine. Would it be different in a FWD vehicle?
I don't know. But regardless if the reviewer was testing the comfort suspension or the sport suspension, all the reviews I've read (6 so far) said the suspension seemed a little harsh. It doesn't help that Mercedes is selling the CLA in the states with the sports suspension only. Keep in mind those reviews are coming from Europeans who are usually used to firm suspensions and where the roads aren't as choppy as USA roads.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't know. But regardless if the reviewer was testing the comfort suspension or the sport suspension, all the reviews I've read (6 so far) said the suspension seemed a little harsh. It doesn't help that Mercedes is selling the CLA in the states with the sports suspension only. Keep in mind those reviews are coming from Europeans who are usually used to firm suspensions and where the roads aren't as choppy as USA roads.
maybe the tuning will be sorted out for us then, lets hope. Im betting production hasnt started for the US yet, so maybe there is time to get the suspension settings dialed in differently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts