Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a CLA 250 4matic 2019. I believe there is too much cabin noise in these cars.
Trying to find out why and where it’s coming from!
1- Do you guys have the same observation?
2- Is it tires/engine or both?
3- Does it have anything to do with tire pressures? My warm tires are 41-42 psi front, 39-40 psi back
4- I test drove 2020, and there was almost no noise, what did they do different?
Thank you in advance! 😊

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Different chassis different suspension
Your (cold) tire pressures are very high geewhiz those are like flintstone disks
Try backing down to say 36/32
If you have runflats they do transmit more road noise
My 2014 (very firm) sport suspension with standard sport tires at 36/32 is nominally quiet and on par with a 2020 that was test driven
Though the new chassis noise signatures are very different ... the old chassis has more low frequencies the new chassis frequencies seem somewhat higher ... at least per the spectrum analyzer app with the phone at a similar flat center console location

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
In the meanwhile, let us assure you that you don't have to post your comment in three different places on this forum; one will suffice.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Probably those pesky sound generators in the speakers!

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Will never ever never ever never ever get the sound generator idea ... did I say never?
I dunno ... if I cant listen to my motor tires brakes etc then theres no real time condition based monitoring and then its fixing more damage later

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm still wondering if we can have a option to upload different car motors into the generator. looking for the Ferrari v12 sound bite as we speak!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have cla 250 2019 4matic and thought the same thing,
engine making to much noise, or tire making noise.

atleast now I know i'm not the only one paranoid about the noise

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Well dont forget the cla is not meant to be a tomb
But it is more quiet than some other compacts ... much better in fact ... cuz the motor revs are so low most of the time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts