Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing the transmission fluid in my CLA250, transmission 724.003.

Do you know the torque values for the drain and pan bolts and cooler cover?
I have found the torque values for the 722 transmission but can't find it for the 724.

Also, does someone have the steps or advice for checking fluid level?
Appears straight forward from posts I've read but they weren't specific to the 724 so that's why I'm asking.

Any other advice or tips would also be appreciated?

Thank you,

Patrick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Patrick,

Torque for the 8 bolts for oil pan to transmission housing is 8 Nm with no particular sequence.

Fluid level checking needs a specific dipstick from MB (168 589 01 21 00). I used a generic version.

Depending on your car VIN, you can find the required fluid capacity in the files attached. 5L is all you require. I measured mine when draining and refilled back the same amount as a safety check.

If you follow MB tips, you should be able to achieve the dipstick level mark 3 when checking at 40 degrees. iCarsoft is an excellent tool to pull the temperature from the OBD port.

You will need size M14 metric hexagon socket to open the bottom drain bolt.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,188 Posts
Run a search i had a post on the details of the dipstick ... found it on amazon

·
Registered
12,188 Posts
Check bevo to see if anything other than the shell m1 has been approved

Some folks have tried aftermarket brands maybe they can chime in

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, does anyone know the socket size for the DCT transmission cooler filter (smaller round filter at the top of the DCT gearbox)? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,188 Posts
Good question actually

You dont have a metric set to run through for fit I suppose

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good question actually

You dont have a metric set to run through for fit I suppose
I do have a metric set but my set runs up to 17 then 19 then 21 and finally ends at 27 (for the engine oil filter housing). I don't have any metric socket in between the abovementioned numbers. I don't want to remove all the stuffs to access the transmission filter and find that I have to run to the store to purchase a metric socket.

·
Registered
12,188 Posts
Hopefully a member who has gone thru this (and a few have) can advise

·
Registered
8 Posts
The socket size need for the transmission filter is 17mm. This is how I determine the socket size without removing any parts from the car.
IMG_20201211_231217.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
The next thing I need to find out is the tightening torque setting for this filter cap. Will it be same as the oil filter cap at 25Nm? This filter cap looks smaller and has a much smaller plastic nut (17mm vs 27mm) so logically, the tightening torque needed would be lower?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Make a paint mark on the filter cover and where it attaches and return it to that position. alldata lists 25 nm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts