Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They don't show up on fueleconomy.gov yet, but I just noticed that Mercedes just added them to the USA factory web site. I think it's safe to assume they'll be the official EPA figures also... 26 mpg city and 38 mpg highway. Great numbers if they're accurate!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any link? I've been always looking for info and not a clue! According to what I found it was 23/39/31! Hope your numbers are true! Like u said "great numbers"

·
Registered
381 Posts
Does this car have cylinder deactivation or engine shutdown? I struggle to get more than 18 mpg in my Infiniti G37 because I am always sitting in stop and go traffic. It is amazing how fast your mpg will deteriorate when you aren’t moving but the engine is running.

·
Registered
278 Posts
wow 26/38 is prety fucking impressive.. FML!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it.

The Nissan Altima has an Highway EPA of 38 MPG and my Dad says he gets no where near that on the highway.

·
Registered
381 Posts
What is the compression ratio for this car? 38 mpg is really high for a Turbo engine.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

The Nissan Altima has an Highway EPA of 38 MPG and my Dad says he gets no where near that on the highway.
Many 2012 cars have to RESTATE their EPA numbers and pay penalties as they are overly optimistic.
That makes me believe the current numbers are likely closer to what you will get.
My biggest concern is whether the engine shutoff and restart is as seamless as I would like it to be.
The BMW 328i has a similar concept but doesn't work that smoothly. But BMW gave the driver an option to turn off the feature.
I hope the CLA has the same option just in case the stop-start is annoying.

·
Registered
88 Posts

I have an Infiniti I35 now that estimates 18/25 but I routinely get 28-29 MPG when I'm in cruise control around 70 mph with no traffic on level ground.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Well, I have a 2012 Honda Civic EX coupe, which is rated at 39 mpg highway, and it gets 42 to 44 at my normal highway speed of 67 or 68 mph. From what I've read at various sites on the web, some manufacturers' cars do better than others in regard to the EPA mileage figures. Recently, Consumer Reports even gave Ford grief about how several of its cars didn't get anywhere near their stated mpgs in the magazine's road tests.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What is the compression ratio for this car? 38 mpg is really high for a Turbo engine.

you'll be surprised it's 2014 and it's "Mercedes Benz" Not Ford Motors. Lmaoooo

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well, I have a 2012 Honda Civic EX coupe, which is rated at 39 mpg highway, and it gets 42 to 44 at my normal highway speed of 67 or 68 mph. From what I've read at various sites on the web, some manufacturers' cars do better than others in regard to the EPA mileage figures. Recently, Consumer Reports even gave Ford grief about how several of its cars didn't get anywhere near their stated mpgs in the magazine's road tests.
Agreed- my C350 Sport isn't supposed to get 32-33mpg at 75+ mph, but it does.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yea, the auto start/stop is annoying on the BMW. I test drove a 328i recently and when the engine shut off it scared the hell out of me. Drivers can shut it off for the BMW, and I hope Mercedes offers the same option.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts