Mercedes CLA Forum banner

CLA250 USA MILEAGE ESTIMATES just released

11K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  mrfredsporty 
#1 ·
They don't show up on fueleconomy.gov yet, but I just noticed that Mercedes just added them to the USA factory web site. I think it's safe to assume they'll be the official EPA figures also... 26 mpg city and 38 mpg highway. Great numbers if they're accurate!

#5 ·
Does this car have cylinder deactivation or engine shutdown? I struggle to get more than 18 mpg in my Infiniti G37 because I am always sitting in stop and go traffic. It is amazing how fast your mpg will deteriorate when you aren’t moving but the engine is running.

#12 ·
Many 2012 cars have to RESTATE their EPA numbers and pay penalties as they are overly optimistic.
That makes me believe the current numbers are likely closer to what you will get.
My biggest concern is whether the engine shutoff and restart is as seamless as I would like it to be.
The BMW 328i has a similar concept but doesn't work that smoothly. But BMW gave the driver an option to turn off the feature.
I hope the CLA has the same option just in case the stop-start is annoying.

#11 ·
What is the compression ratio for this car? 38 mpg is really high for a Turbo engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.