Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ah man, i thought we could keep with the Golf GTi. He kept up for some time, but then the GTi pulls away...I think the GTi has more power in Europe though...

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Golf is the 6th generation model, it has a 2-liter engine with 211 bhp (in Europe) just like the CLA. Surely the Golf is lighter though?

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Golf is the 6th generation model, it has a 2-liter engine with 211 bhp (in Europe) just like the CLA. Surely the Golf is lighter though?
You never know if the car is stocked or tuned. Can't really compare cars if they are not stock. It also may be the driver that don't want to crash his brand new CLA. :haha:

·
Registered
288 Posts
That has to be it...no actually there is a Golf 35 edition with 235 hp. Plus that Golf was 2 doors. I think the CLA is at least 200 lbs heavier; i could see that accounting for the difference.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The 0-60 for the CLA250 was 7.3s, that's well off the purported 6.5s it's supposed to be.

I think weight difference may be 200lbs. to 300lbs. (or more) between an avg spec'd CLA250 & a Golf GTI.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Honestly, the new GTI mk7 will beat out the CLA. The GTIs selling point is mid range performance and driving. I am looking forward to the Brabus tune @245hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts