Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’m new to the forum and by no means a petrolhead so please excuse any newbie/school boy errors!
I’ve just purchased a CLA35 Shooting Brake 2020 model (X118?) from a Mercedes used approved dealership, taking delivery a week today. I really do prefer the Panamericana grill fitted to the CLA45 but getting that fitted by the dealership is proving to be near impossible, I know it would involve changing the bumper etc. as well but they won’t even quote on doing that!
So I’ve found an aftermarket grill from CKS performance AMG Panamericana Grille Gloss Black and Chrome Bars C118 CLA Models from May 2019 Onwards
and also found out the official bodyshop my local Mercedes dealer uses. They are happy to fit it and even order me the OEM CLA45 AMG grill badge (the one CKS do doesn’t look right to me?!).
Even so, would this still void the warranty?
Secondly, what’s the general consensus on fitting such a grill? Bit lame?? Should I stick with the factory fitted twin blade/lamela one?

Thanks for reading and I would welcome your thoughts.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i have a friend on a facebook club who fitted the grill also works for Mercedes, he said no it would only effect anything its related to like front bumper nothing mechanical, if your not sure ring Mercedes

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 4matic
35 Posts
I like the grill. I personally would’ve done this upgrade if it didn’t entail taking the entire bumper off to fit it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts