Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’m new to the forum and by no means a petrolhead so please excuse any newbie/school boy errors!
I’ve just purchased a CLA35 Shooting Brake 2020 model (X118?) from a Mercedes used approved dealership, taking delivery a week today. I really do prefer the Panamericana grill fitted to the CLA45 but getting that fitted by the dealership is proving to be near impossible, I know it would involve changing the bumper etc. as well but they won’t even quote on doing that!
So I’ve found an aftermarket grill from CKS performance AMG Panamericana Grille Gloss Black and Chrome Bars C118 CLA Models from May 2019 Onwards
and also found out the official bodyshop my local Mercedes dealer uses. They are happy to fit it and even order me the OEM CLA45 AMG grill badge (the one CKS do doesn’t look right to me?!).
Even so, would this still void the warranty?
Secondly, what’s the general consensus on fitting such a grill? Bit lame?? Should I stick with the factory fitted twin blade/lamela one?

Thanks for reading and I would welcome your thoughts.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i have a friend on a facebook club who fitted the grill also works for Mercedes, he said no it would only effect anything its related to like front bumper nothing mechanical, if your not sure ring Mercedes

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 4matic
51 Posts
I like the grill. I personally would’ve done this upgrade if it didn’t entail taking the entire bumper off to fit it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,
I’m new to the forum and by no means a petrolhead so please excuse any newbie/school boy errors!
I’ve just purchased a CLA35 Shooting Brake 2020 model (X118?) from a Mercedes used approved dealership, taking delivery a week today. I really do prefer the Panamericana grill fitted to the CLA45 but getting that fitted by the dealership is proving to be near impossible, I know it would involve changing the bumper etc. as well but they won’t even quote on doing that!
So I’ve found an aftermarket grill from CKS performance AMG Panamericana Grille Gloss Black and Chrome Bars C118 CLA Models from May 2019 Onwards
and also found out the official bodyshop my local Mercedes dealer uses. They are happy to fit it and even order me the OEM CLA45 AMG grill badge (the one CKS do doesn’t look right to me?!).
Even so, would this still void the warranty?
Secondly, what’s the general consensus on fitting such a grill? Bit lame?? Should I stick with the factory fitted twin blade/lamela one?

Thanks for reading and I would welcome your thoughts.
It won’t void warranty whatsoever. It’s only aesthetics. You won’t need to change the bumper it’ll fit just right. However the bumper will need to be removed. No worries. Congratulations on your new AMG!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think he bought this one : AMG Panamericana Grille Gloss Black and Chrome Bars C118 CLA Models from May 2019 Onwards

I’m planning to order it for my CLA35 2021 that I will receive in August/September.

The grill doesn’t have the AMG logo on it. Where did you get the AMG badge and how did they fix it on the grill?

Hi,
Yes grill bought from CSK. I also ordered the AMG badge from them and neither I or the MB bodyshop that fitted the grill could see any difference between that or the OEM one. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! Awesome.

I will order the grill and the badge and look for a bodyshop when I'll receive my CLA35. Do you know if it fits on the CLA35 AMG 2021? (I think 2020 and 2021 is the same).

The badge, is it fixed on the grill with a support or with some type of crazy glue?

Thanks for the quick answer. I really appreciate!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow! Awesome.

I will order the grill and the badge and look for a bodyshop when I'll receive my CLA35. Do you know if it fits on the CLA35 AMG 2021? (I think 2020 and 2021 is the same).

The badge, is it fixed on the grill with a support or with some type of crazy glue?

Thanks for the quick answer. I really appreciate!
Mine is a CLA35 AMG 2020 Shooting Brake so pretty sure it will fit. I think you have to put in the VIN/Chassis number when you order anyway.
It’s bonded on with glue, seems very secure, I certainly wouldn’t want to try and take it off put it that way.
All the best with your new AMG, I’m very pleased with mine 🙂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome!

I don't have the VIN because I don't have the car yet, I'll receive it in september. I'll order the grill with the badge anyway, the shape didn't change between 2020 and 2021, so I'm sure it will fit too!

Thanks a lot for the information and enjoy the summer with your car :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Brad,

I'm ordering the grill. Did you have to buy the "Fitting"?

They sell 3 things :
  • AMG Panamericana Grille
  • AMG Grille Badge
  • Fitting

The "Fitting" is almost as expansive as the Grille. Do we need that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The shop thats willing to do the work for me what's to know if this grille takes into account the sensors/radars behind the older grille. Anyone had issues with that?

·
Registered
356 Posts
had to take my one to be recalibrated ,but luckily i have just had a new sensor fitted the week before , so they did the recalibration but did ask about the grill, the new grill has to have the sensor mount taken off the old one fitted behind the star

1 - 20 of 20 Posts