Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can you do 90 degree parking using the park assist feature.
as the 180 degree camera is built for reverse parallel.
i know its a bit of a hack to do it, and the you tube videos ive seen arent clear and dont xplain it well for how to do 90 degree parking
thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think you just signal and it’ll do it. Frankly, it’s easier to back in 90 than to let the car do it. Paralleling tight spots is different.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I recall the parking demo way back in Nov2013
Perfect ... except for the rear bumper bumping into some other bumper
Despite all the warning beeeeeeps

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For a right parking, you don't need the flasher. For a left parking you need the flasher to activate it.

how is your car postioned for right turn inwards?
how is your car postioned for left turn inwards?
sorry what is the flasher?
the 2017 cla45 i have , onky has teh 180 degrees rear camera which is a standard fitted option for all cla 45s apart from the 2020 models.
can you provide as much detail possible
thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
When you drive past a parking space, it should detect if it’s a parallel spot or a perpendicular spot. I’ve only used the perpendicular parking twice ever in the last 5 years... and it was just to see how it works. When you see a triangle arrow next to the big “P” on your dash, put the car in reverse. It will show you a picture of either a perpendicular park or a parallel park.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you drive past a parking space, it should detect if it’s a parallel spot or a perpendicularspot. I’ve only used the perpendicular parking twice ever in the last 5 years... and it was just to see how it works. When you see a triangle arrow next to the big “P” on your dash, put the car in reverse. It will show you a picture of either a perpendicular park or a parallel park.
I agree, I'm driving 2015 cla220cdi. I've and I'm still using parking assistant. Usually I indicate the side I want to park then the car will pick the spot. The 'P' with an arrow will appear and then apply breaks, engage 'R' mode and then the car will appear on your dashboard 'active parking' sign, then press 'OK' button. Then accelerate, then the steering will start maneuvering on its own. What mine does when its close to the other vehicle will automatically stop and then engage to 'D' will also stop and then engage again to 'R' till its well parked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts