Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm living in Bayarea right now and wondering how much CLA45 AMG will be in 1 year later...

1.now the price of CLA45 AMG is MSRP 48,000...how about 1 yr later?how many percentages of discount can dealer probably offer according to AMG's tradition?

2.I've checked the list of packages of CLA45 AMG, is it enough for only picking "driver's package"?(2800USD)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I'm living in Bayarea right now and wondering how much CLA45 AMG will be in 1 year later...

1.now the price of CLA45 AMG is MSRP 48,000...how about 1 yr later?how many percentages of discount can dealer probably offer according to AMG's tradition?

2.I've checked the list of packages of CLA45 AMG, is it enough for only picking "driver's package"?(2800USD)
There is not much profit in these cars. If the CLA45 remains hot, there is a possibility that there is no discount at all. As a matter of fact, there is every indication that there will be wide spread price increases as suggested by the increase in Premium and multimedia package prices and prices of stand alone options such as heated seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank u for your information:)
I don't need the Premium and multimedia package which will riase the price up...my purchasing time might be December of 2014 at which time I expect CLA45 to be a discounted one.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Mercedes usually has 6% in their vehicles from msrp to invoice. With that said I would think you would be able to get 3% off msrp at least.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
178 Posts
thank u for your information:)
I don't need the Premium and multimedia package which will riase the price up...my purchasing time might be December of 2014 at which time I expect CLA45 to be a discounted one.
If your going to buy a base cla 45 amg expect to pay full sticker if not close to that.

·
Registered
896 Posts
how many people plan on ordering a cla with no MM and no p1 .... can u even do that lol ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
178 Posts
how many people plan on ordering a cla with no MM and no p1 .... can u even do that lol ?

You can order the car without it. it I'm not sure how many dealers will let you order a base car without the p1 package at least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
@45AMG
thank u.
I only care about the performance not the comfort...
I might just order a red caliper and a AMG seat with 2500USD

Choosing the pre and multi package will definitely bring up the price a lot(I only need a navigation)in which case I would prefer choose a Corvette C7...

·
Registered
730 Posts
There's gonna be solid initial demand for the CLA45, stateside. With that said, I can see the dealers having some over-specced, bloated sticker examples that my languish in their showrooms for awhile (as w/ other AMGs at times). there may be some aggressive concessions to move these types of CLA45s. The buyer ending up spending more than they wanted, but getting a better value / more car for the money... if that makes sense? :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
While I imagine that there will be CLAs sitting around in a few months, I really doubt that there will be any 45s on any lots after two weeks. Especially if they are allocated on prior AMG sales as stated by 45AMG.

Reactions: 45AMG

·
Registered
178 Posts
While I imagine that there will be CLAs sitting around in a few months, I really doubt that there will be any 45s on any lots after two weeks. Especially if they are allocated on prior AMG sales as stated by 45AMG.
Yes they are. Currently Fletcher Jones in Newport beach ca had sold more cls amgs than anyone in the US and they are sitting at 10 cla45 amg slotted to arrive at the dealership from launch date of November to mid Feb. Btw this info is as of August 15th

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
45AMG is right. 6000 CLA45 for 2014 divided between 300+ dealers works out to be 20 car per dealership per year or around two CLA45 a month.
Big dealerships and AMG Centers will get 2-3 a month while smaller ones may get one a month the way I see it.
In Newport Beach the CLA45s will be driven by teenagers to their high school while their parents cruise in their CL65s...

·
Registered
178 Posts
45AMG is right. 6000 CLA45 for 2014 divided between 300+ dealers works out to be 20 car per dealership per year or around two CLA45 a month.
Big dealerships and AMG Centers will get 2-3 a month while smaller ones may get one a month the way I see it.
In Newport Beach the CLA45s will be driven by teenagers to their high school while their parents cruise in their CL65s...

Hey I'm not a teenager that's going to be driving a cla 45 =/

·
Registered
71 Posts
We were told that CLA45 release has been pushed back to expected March arrival for US customers. Regarding pricing, unless you have a solid record of purchasing multiple cars from your local dealer, I would not expect to get a discount on CLA45. These will be a volume car at some point but it may be a while for them to catch up with demand. The segment they are targeting is a million car segment (Honda Accord, Audi A3 and Ford Fusion). We have three sold at MSRP and only 2 filled and in production.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
We were told that CLA45 release has been pushed back to expected March arrival for US customers. Regarding pricing, unless you have a solid record of purchasing multiple cars from your local dealer, I would not expect to get a discount on CLA45. These will be a volume car at some point but it may be a while for them to catch up with demand. The segment they are targeting is a million car segment (Honda Accord, Audi A3 and Ford Fusion). We have three sold at MSRP and only 2 filled and in production.
The March release is due to supply/demand issue?

·
Registered
71 Posts
We have not been told why the delay, just to inform our customers of the expected delay. I will try and find the exact statement and post.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

I have a fairly base car on order since May with build date of November 1st decade at around $53k:
Cirrus White
19" multi-spoke black rim
Red AMG Caliper
AMG exhaust
AMG steering wheel
Heated seats
Blind Spot Assist.
Panoramic roof

The dealer has no problem as long as it is not the Northern Light Violet and has a panoramic roof.
Violet color and lack of panoramic roof would make the car a very tough sell in California.
95% of buyers would not even look at a Mercedes or BMW without moonroof.
This is particularly true in a car with a tight, somewhat claustrophobic rear cabin like the CLA.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The cheapest CLA AMG in the USA is 55k+ tax and fees there is no CLA for 48k once you add destination fee and all the bells and whistles and even if you configure it yourself,you will not arrive at a figure less than 55k the way you want the car.+mimimum 6
% tax

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's my problem. I could stretch into at CLA45 at 48-49k but it would be missing the one and only mandatory option (per the wife, long story) which is the rear view camera. 55k is just too much for our budget so we are just getting an edition 1 instead.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts