Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I own a 2014 CLA45 AMG. It has done 11k miles. I have been noticing a problem since a month but it happens once in a blue moon. my car sometimes changes gear on its own in automatic mode, I mean like it shows P R N D on the screen but it changes to 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, like when we use paddle shifter. I don’t use the paddle shifter but still sometimes this happens. Then it up shifts gears on it own as if I’m using the paddle shifter to upshift them. I had a bad battery which I thought would be the reason of this bt I got my battery changed few days ago and still it did it again. It keeps on changing from full automatic to paddle shift to automatic and paddle shift till I stop the car, put it in parking and then drive again so it stops happening. Please help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No nothing near the centre console. How would that affect this? And is this a serious kinda problem or minor?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
this kind of thing would happen if you accidentally nudge the paddle shifters it temporarily goes into manual mode then back to automatic after a bit. If you're sure you didn't nudge it then it may be an electronic glitch in that area... would have your dealer look into it if it's a problem. I almost always drive M mode so I wouldn't notice if this happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
jmc
Mercedes CLA Forum
We’re a community dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer CLA pictures, technical discussions, and more from owners across the world.
Full Forum Listing