Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what your guys thoughts on being able to choose interior styling options on the cla45. I do like the red piping but its a little too aggressive for tooling clients around with flashy red seat belts, etc. The standard interior on the cla250 work great for me but I want the power of the 45!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? Ok, let's say I'm not... I was wondering if anyone knew about any different interior options for the cla45.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yea- the CLA is definitely not a client/work-duty vehicle. If anything, generally those tend to be premium cross-overs/SUVs or mid-size sedans (for the room/comfort). And using an AMG powered-ride for such, oye! The upkeep on an AMG will be up there, worth noting...

With that said, if there's a particular fancy towards a colour/trim for the interior, just do the extra $250'ish to go w/ a non-standard choice (that MB offers on the models).

I would totally love to have that CLA45-AMG interior (black/grey w/ red trim), those seats look awesome & the red accents (stitching, trim, piping, inserts, seat-belts, etc) look very cool! :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much! Other than brakes/tires with it being under warranty, what other up keep would you expect, cla45 vs a cla250?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thank you very much! Other than brakes/tires with it being under warranty, what other up keep would you expect, cla45 vs a cla250?
I'd assume the CLA45-AMG comes w/ larger (much more expensive) brakes, so the replacement pads/discs would be noticeably pricy & not last as long as the non-AMG version.

I'd say w/ the beefier drive-train (to handle the power) & 4Matic, there would be more service-visits fluid/filter changes for the gear-oil. Generally speaking, those who I know w/ AMGs spend about 2-3 times more for maint'/service of their rides vs. their non-AMG MB counterparts.

Truth-be-told, I'm not up to speed on the the CLA45-AMG as I've been around the 55, 63 & 65 AMG models (meaning mostly boosted V8s, occasional V12). Those have required private-jet type of upkeep over the years.

I don't even know if the CLA45-AMG has an adjustable/tuned suspension or the default USDM sports-suspension. And if it's a different suspension, is it w/ the air-springs? Those tend to be very pricy to repair/replace (which is not if, but when)!

Lastly- "brakes/tires" are considered consumables, and likely only come w/ a 12-month/12k-milesdealer warranty (not the 4-year/50k-miles warranty). Tires will be pro-rated (based on age/mileage) if they fail prematurely due to fabrication/workmanship (which is then addressed to the tire manufacturer), and generally speaking- if the brakes prematurely wear/warp within a year (or two), the dealer may "goodwill" a resurfacing of the discs. Again, these are wear-&-tear items. Obviously, if there's an issue w/ the assembly, workmanship, function of the said components (caliper/discs/lines/etc), then that's within the warranty.

Gotta pay, to play... :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Was wondering what your guys thoughts on being able to choose interior styling options on the cla45. I do like the red piping but its a little too aggressive for tooling clients around with flashy red seat belts, etc. The standard interior on the cla250 work great for me but I want the power of the 45!
I completely agree with you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts