Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts:

I am not the biggest fan of my CLA45 2017.
The LCD screen has been replaced or adjusted due to rattling at idle, the drivers side seat belt tensioner, also replaced or repaired due to rattles and there has been a audible and vibration noise on downshifts at low speeds in the diff or transmission. There is also often a mechanical clunk from park to drive.
The dealer replaced the diff and it didn't fix the issue, they are now advising me this is normal for this vehicle and I wonder why they bothered to replace the diff if this was the case, as the same issue hasn't been fixed.

I am thinking it's something more sinister or expensive to replace, such as the gearbox?

Anyone else had or having this issue?

There's about 6 months left on the warranty and I assume it'll cost a fortune post warranty.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Software update was the first attempt, then replacement of the diff.
We took another CLA45 for a drive to see if it had the same down changing noise, which it didn't, cementing my request for a fix, resulting in them replacing the diff, with no impact.
The service manager advised that the new CLA45 will have a c63 diff and transmission to match the needs of such a high powered engine. Whether there's any truth to this it's hard to know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Software update was the first attempt, then replacement of the diff.
We took another CLA45 for a drive to see if it had the same down changing noise, which it didn't, cementing my request for a fix, resulting in them replacing the diff, with no impact.
The service manager advised that the new CLA45 will have a c63 diff and transmission to match the needs of such a high powered engine. Whether there's any truth to this it's hard to know.
these cars have clunks. In them. Almost every DCT. Car has had some sort of clunking in gears. I’ve owned my car for 2 years now. And everyday there’s a clunk from going to park or drive. This is how the transmission is.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Actually slight thunk p to n yes when col cold
When warm no such thing just the n to 1 and 1 to 2 preload at stop
The CA stop trick really saves on wear and tear cuz it keeps and starts in 2

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I've had similar issues when it was new now it's used to my driving and no more issues. I did get a transmission update as well... way back in July 2014. Turbo replaced as part of the recall way back in 2015... The car is well and thoroughly broken in for me now... no issues for the past 4 years (had to replace battery last year and brakes). With the new version falling short in many areas I'm thinking this is gonna be my ride for the next few years. Definitely around 2023 - 2024 I am due for something... really nice. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts