Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’ve been looking online and trying to find the difference between the Cla45 and the S model, I know there is a bhp difference but does anyone know the engine spec that has changed or it is a bigger turbo ? Have they taken the already impressive 2.0 to it’s max ?
cheers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I believe the hardware is basically the same (turbo, ICE etc…) and it is just a different map on the ECU.

Someone with more knowledge may correct me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all, I’ve been looking online and trying to find the difference between the Cla45 and the S model, I know there is a bhp difference but does anyone know the engine spec that has changed or it is a bigger turbo ? Have they taken the already impressive 2.0 to it’s max ?
cheers.
It's just the tune. You can option everything else a S has on a non-S car... well depending on the market.

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
356 Posts
It's just the tune. You can option everything else a S has on a non-S car... well depending on the market.
Yep, here there is no option for a straight 45 at all, so very geo-market specific. It differs across markets as to trim levels and options, but the fundamental difference is simply the engine tune and the extra power they squeeze out of it for the S version.

Reactions: SILVAF0XX

·
Registered
96 Posts
... well at least they are not peddling SSSsssnake oil

Hey Hey, I know you don't mean me????? JK

I am just SSSyyynnthetic Oil. and a PSL Starbucks coffee.

Reactions: DrOzCLA
1 - 11 of 11 Posts