Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Thinking about a CLA45. Think there's any real chance a dealer will work out a discount on a car not yet released?

-Eric

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am new to the forums. I am a sales consultant for a dealership in New Jersey. Just like any other AMG Model they are limited production. Most of the 45's are sold country wide.

I did contact the head Admin for the process to talk about selling cars on the internet. I am waiting to hear back from him. Please PM me for details since I do not want to be in any violation. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I am new to the forums. I am a sales consultant for a dealership in New Jersey. Just like any other AMG Model they are limited production. Most of the 45's are sold country wide.

I did contact the head Admin for the process to talk about selling cars on the internet. I am waiting to hear back from him. Please PM me for details since I do not want to be in any violation. Thank you.
Fleet is possible when there are plenty of a model to sell. Since each MB dealer gets only 1-2 CLA45 a month, I am not hopeful a group or fleet purchase would work. I would love to get a modest discount but dealers just have no incentive to sell for less if there is a big demand. Do think there is hope for such in the CLA once the initial demand is met.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
JPMBenz,

Are the CLA45s almost sold out for the entire 2014 model year...as in the next batch won't be available until the 2015s are out?

-Eric

·
Registered
312 Posts
JPMBenz,

Are the CLA45s almost sold out for the entire 2014 model year...as in the next batch won't be available until the 2015s are out?

-Eric
I emailed my sales rep about this possible backorder debacle. I'm 10 months from my lease end and don't want to be left holding the bag on a possible 2015 delivery. I'll let you know what he says.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I emailed my sales rep about this possible backorder debacle. I'm 10 months from my lease end and don't want to be left holding the bag on a possible 2015 delivery. I'll let you know what he says.
In my local dealership, which is an AMG Center, I was told there is good demand but not super demand for the CLA45. I would be shocked if the car is sold out for the year prior to release. May be when all five major US magazine road test and rave about the car on US soil. The C63 took quite a while to sell out its allotment in 2008 when it was introduced and the car carried a base price very similar to the CLA45 - around $51500. Then again, 2008 was not a typical year when all those young 25 year old $300,000 a year Bear Stearns and Lehman "bankers" vanished overnight...
Last month, I was moved from #4 to #1 spot on the CLA45 order list as the top three guys/gals all dropped out. The sales rep thought the price may have something to do with it as even a modestly equipped CLA45 is over $60k when sales tax is included and that turned off buyers. The lease of $800-900 a month doesn't help.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Fleet is possible when there are plenty of a model to sell. Since each MB dealer gets only 1-2 CLA45 a month, I am not hopeful a group or fleet purchase would work. I would love to get a modest discount but dealers just have no incentive to sell for less if there is a big demand. Do think there is hope for such in the CLA once the initial demand is met.
If we did have a certain number of buyers together I would no problem asking. My owner and GM are about gaining customers through relationships not just selling you a vehicle.

JPMBenz,

-Eric
Eric:

That is very hard to say. There are not many CLA 45's for me to make an educated guess. I would believe the first few inital runs are. Mercedes has big plans for the CLA so I think they would meet the demand if it was there. Remember, this is car is geared towards the masses. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts