Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing a clicking sound and I think it comes from under the passenger seat. I hear it almost everytime I drive. Told the dealer about it. They told me the wiring might be the problem so they checked it and they didn't find any problems.

It's a 2018 cla250 4matic.

Here's a video (it was filmed while driving so there is a little road noise as well but we can clearly hear the clicking sound)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
next time you hear the clicking check your backrest position on the passenger seat. I had a similar click and one day held the back of the seat and low and behold the sound went away. I just had to adjust the seat more upright and no more clicking. its Worth a shot and hopefully a easy fix!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
next time you hear the clicking check your backrest position on the passenger seat. I had a similar click and one day held the back of the seat and low and behold the sound went away. I just had to adjust the seat more upright and no more clicking. its Worth a shot and hopefully a easy fix!
So I tried playing with the seat just to see if it would change something but it didn't. It makes the same sound as when relays are closing. Not gonna lie this is driving me nuts :pinshake:

Imagine driving for 2 hours and hearing that lolll. I think i'll go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Might be one of the seat movement motors getting funny signals so its clicking back and forth
Or might be a loose drive nut / sloppy mechanical engagement somewhere
Can you rock the seat and seatback?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
the seat controls under my seat had also became quiet loose so I got a couple of zip ties and secured it because Mercedes was deaf and kept claiming they couldn't hear anything also! then I got the seat back making noise. Might try to zip ties just to see if it cures the rattle and then go to Mercedes and tell them you have zeroed in the culprit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had this same problem in my 14’ 45. It the far right plug that controls the seat movement and heat, one of the terminals was getting hot and corroded causing a poor connection with the seat module! Worth taking a look! I unplugged it cleaned it and put some die electric grease in with plug and has been fine since !

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
bad / resistive contacts yielding heat / corrosion etc etc etc
good grief this gibberish should not be leaving the factory unchecked

1 - 7 of 7 Posts