Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Closeup pictures of CLA Wheel Choices / AMG Wheels

78K views 44 replies 29 participants last post by  FahadAbdulrahman57 
#1 ·
Looks like AMG has 4 different wheel choices to go with the AMG Line CLA's... Here they are:

AMG Light-Alloy Wheels (Code 781)

45.7 cm (18-inch) AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels in high-gloss black and with a high-sheen finish, with R 225/40 R18 on 7.5 J x 18 ET52

AMG Light-Alloy Wheels (Code 794)

45.7 cm (18-inch) AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in titanium grey with high-sheen finish, 225/40 R18 on 7.5 J x 18 ET52

Standard in conjunction with: AMG Line

AMG Light-Alloy Wheels (Code 646)

45.7 cm (18-inch) AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black with a high-sheen rim flange, R 225/40 R18 on 7.5 J x 18 ET52

AMG Light-Alloy Wheels (Code 791)

45.7 cm (18-inch) AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in titanium grey with high-sheen finish, 225/40 R18 on 7.5 J x 18 ET52

See less See more
#2 ·
This would probably be my first choice. The black on the wheel adds just enough to make the wheel look mean and modern.

I'm surprised Mercedes doesn't offer a 19" or 20" wheel option?

Looks like AMG has 4 different wheel choices to go with the AMG Line CLA's... Here they are:

AMG Light-Alloy Wheels (Code 781)

45.7 cm (18-inch) AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels in high-gloss black and with a high-sheen finish, with R 225/40 R18 on 7.5 J x 18 ET52

#12 ·
I'd go with these too ..... especially if these come standard with the Sports Package thus no added cost on top of he Sports Package and I doubt I'd need to look for any
aftermarket wheels since these are just right for he CLA :cool2:
The silver AMG wheels are the only wheels that are available with the sport package. I completed a pre-order at MB of Cary, NC and the rep mentioned that those were the only wheels that were available.

#13 ·
I believe that they will not be available for US models unless you order them afterwards. I was only able to get the silver AMG wheels that are embedded within the sport package. A lot of the MB dealerships in NC act as if they have never even heard of the CLA. Hopefully, my pre-order will get submitted.

#17 ·
Check out the "CLA45 Dealer Order Guide" topic over in the CLA45 AMG sub-forum section. Look on page 10 of the Order Guide. You will see the 5 spoke wheel in 18 inch is standard on the CLA45 and there are two 19 inch 16 spoke wheel options in silver (order code 780) and black (order code 787). Here's a link:
http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/14-mercedes-benz-cla45-amg/1468-cla45-dealer-order-guide.html
For the CLA250, I don't believe there are any options to get the 19 inch wheels.

#19 ·
I am taking my CLA45 white with the standard silver twin 5 spoke wheels. Classic look and better ride.
Just wait a few months, there will be a dozen 16 spoke 19" variants you can buy on the secondary market.
As to swapping wheels - I don't think it is possible. Dealers are no longer allowed to change equipment
like they used to. Each car must be sold with the items listed on the window sticker. You can add dealer
add-ons but can't take away accessories that came with that particular car from the factory.

One aspect of the 16 spoke wheel I have problem with is that you cannot clean your calipers easily. I want mine nice and clean all the time, especially with the red ones.
It's really tacky if they are covered with brake dust. The 5 spoke wheels are a breeze to brush off the brake dust but the 16 spokes' narrow gaps make it difficult if not impossible
- you literally have to use Q-tips !

#20 ·
As I was washing one of my cars yesterday I was reminded of that. I've always loved cross spoke (BBS style) wheels but they are impossible to keep clean easily and I don't like keeping only the outsides of the wheels clean. I also like keeping the backsides clean, too. It makes a big difference in appearance. I've reconsidered the sport suspension (which included the 19s) based on a couple of recent articles but I do think the car looks better with a bigger wheel...not because I need 19s but because the 18s just look small. Now I'm torn on the 19s because they truly are a pain to keep clean.

-Eric

#25 ·
I am thinking of getting a set of CLK AMG multi-spoke (16 vanes) 18 x 7.5 with a 37mm offset. I have seen some photos of others using 37mm offset and they protrude slightly but also give the car a look with a nice planted stance.

#31 ·
Someone know if is this possible to swap the 19 black CLA45 edition 1 wheels to the 19 C63 AMG edition 507 wheels like these on order:

View attachment 4775

Saw these wheels on a 507 and...HUGE !
I love the 507 wheels also but the problem you will run into is the staggered wheel setup which you really shouldn't run on a CLA.

#33 ·
Does anyone know where you can purchase the black, 16-spoke OEM rims outside of Mercedes? I'm sure there's a genuine parts site somewhere that offers them. I can see me getting them down the road and making the 5-spoke splits my winter setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.