Mercedes CLA Forum banner
141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Sorry to hear that your car has gone into "limp mode" My car has 11,111 miles on it (isn't that a cool number) and so far, so good - no "limp mode" (as far as I know*) for him. I don't think that the collision assist false alarms are related to the pre-safe limited problems and the associated lack of acceleration. (*I did once get the pre-safe limited message - in very foggy weather......since I was in bumper to bumper traffic only going 4 mph I don't know if my car did in fact loose acceleration for any point in time)

Maybe you have done this, but I suggest that you file a complaint with the NHTSA. Here is the link https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/index.xhtml

I just looked on the NHTSA site and there are 36 complaints filed against the 2014 CLA250 - most all of these complaints are for the pre-safe message and the associated lack of acceleration.

Good Luck and stay safe.

There are also 3 service Bulletins listed on the NHTSA website - I just cut and pasted them below -

Below is a list of Service Bulletins issued for this product. Service Bulletins are instructions from the Manufacturer regarding the repair of a product.
SERVICE BULLETINS: Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3
Service Bulletin No.: LI46-35P059241
Component(s): ELECTRICAL SYSTEM , STEERING NHTSA ID Number: 10056472
All Products Associated with this Service Bulletin expand
Details close
0 Associated Documents
Manufacturer: Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.
SUMMARY:
XENTRY (MERCEDES): AFTER ENGINE HAS STARTED, SEVERAL ISSUES OCCURS, AN ACOUSTIC WARNING SOUNDS IS HEARD, THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER DISPLAYS WARNING MESSAGE POWER STEERING MALFUNCTION, SERVICE REQUIRED. STEERING SYSTEM IS SLUGGISH. MODEL 117, 156, 176, 242, 246.
Request Research help

Service Bulletin No.: LI83-00P-052510
Component(s): EQUIPMENT NHTSA ID Number: 10056088
Details close
0 Associated Documents
SUMMARY:
XENTRY (MERCEDES): CONTROL UNITS INSTALLED, UNDER DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER SEAT, HAS WATER ENTERING TRAY, CAUSED BY CONDENSATION HOSE OF A/C HOUSING BEING EITHER DISLOCATED, PINCHED, CRUSHED OR LEAKING. MODEL ALL. *PE
Request Research help

Service Bulletin No.: LI54-18P-057974
Component(s): EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE NHTSA ID Number: 10056053
Details close
0 Associated Documents
SUMMARY:
XENTRY (MERCEDES): DUE TO FAULT ENTRY, BY AN OCCASIONAL TRANSITION RESISTANCE AT CONTACTS, THE SUPPORT FUNCTIONS FAILED, BUT AVAILABLE AFTER IGNITION OFF/ON CYCLE. *PE

I've had the EXACT same issues. Service tech gave me the same BS about "outside interference, system operates as designed". Yeah, ok. Just wait til you get the "pre-safe functions limited" msg & the car loses power on the freeway. That's a fun time trying to coast to the shoulder across 3 lanes of 70 mph traffic. If you haven't had this yet, just wait - it's coming. I've had nothing but problems with this car. Been in & out of the shop 5 times (about to be 6 due to check engine light that popped on today). Got the thing in August, NO reason a new MB should have this many problems. I literally dread driving it, and with the sudden power loss issue (twice), it's a dangerous car to drive. Gonna see if I can use the Lemon Law to get out of the lease.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
This week for the first time, my collision assist was activated when the car in front of me slammed on it's brakes. It was the first time that it has been activated and not been a false alarm!!!!!!!! (I still do get a few random false alarms - but much fewer in number since my collision assist sensor was replaced)

·
Registered
652 Posts
This week for the first time, my collision assist was activated when the car in front of me slammed on it's brakes. It was the first time that it has been activated and not been a false alarm!!!!!!!! (I still do get a few random false alarms - but much fewer in number since my collision assist sensor was replaced)
Had mine go off twice on vehicles braking quickly....

And once accelerating on a curved road... Nobody in front, but there was a big sign where the road curved which I assume the sensor was seeing.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Had mine go off twice on vehicles braking quickly....

And once accelerating on a curved road... Nobody in front, but there was a big sign where the road curved which I assume the sensor was seeing.
I've only had mine activate once, correctly. That's probably because I use the Distronic plus cruise control as much as possible. I have it set on the shortest distance because I am driving mostly around town. It does a great job of braking the car when needed.

Reactions: BaconAle

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've only had mine activate once, correctly. That's probably because I use the Distronic plus cruise control as much as possible. I have it set on the shortest distance because I am driving mostly around town. It does a great job of braking the car when needed.
heck yeah.. I use mine all the time.. especially on 2 lane roads with traffic... The only time I have to maybe intervene is for on-ramp mergers while I am in the right lane.

·
Super Moderator
1,825 Posts
3 times for me, 2 for real, 1 when i park in front of a garage door...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm getting more and more false alarms now. I'm thinking of shutting it off.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
mine is turned on but it has never ever gone off... wonder if it even works

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting to read the comments here. I can't stand this function and is the first thing turned off when I get in the car. It is useful but twice i've nearly had car's behind rear end me as the stopping force is pretty immense on the 45. One it was set off by a road sign coming up to a junction an the other from a slightly over harsh braker in front.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
When I brought my car in for 20,000 mile service I mentioned this to the service rep. The said he'll have the tech loock at it but did mention that it can give false alarms if I drove by home or business alarm systems like ADT. If the car is always giving off false alarms around the same location then maybe that's the case. When I got my car back he said my system is functioning normally so not I have to take notice if the false alarms happend in the same area.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Interesting. I get a few every thousand miles. Doesn't really bother me though.
When I brought my car in for 20,000 mile service I mentioned this to the service rep. The said he'll have the tech loock at it but did mention that it can give false alarms if I drove by home or business alarm systems like ADT. If the car is always giving off false alarms around the same location then maybe that's the case. When I got my car back he said my system is functioning normally so not I have to take notice if the false alarms happend in the same area.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
i got lots of false alarm but it doesnt activate the brake, just the random beep

it can be annoying
If you do get the collision assist warning (distance warning - light on dash and beeps) while braking, the adaptive break assist will kick in and increase your braking force so that you don't hit that real or imaginary object.

https://youtu.be/iZmnmPZ5ww4

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was coming up to a car and didn't see it braking hard, and I started to touch the brake and the car stopped on a dime! It worked great and it saved me from a rear end collision. I also get the occasional false alarm but am grateful for the system.

·
Registered
237 Posts
the collision assist braking only works if you have distronic plus? my mom hit the loaner GLA i had when she she didn't notice her car rolling forward and touched the car in front of it.. no dmg but she said she doesn't recall any beeping going off

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
beeping happens when you are going fast.. and car in frotn slow. not when the car is rolling..

the collision assist braking only works if you have distronic plus? my mom hit the loaner GLA i had when she she didn't notice her car rolling forward and touched the car in front of it.. no dmg but she said she doesn't recall any beeping going off

·
Registered
237 Posts
never got that yet then lol the prevention collision light keeps going on and off on the gla though

·
Registered
40 Posts
2015 amg here with 2k miles.

iv noticed the false alarms as well. the past few times it has gone off has been while going through intersections. im wondering if it has something to do with the radar/camera systems that are at all these intersections. either that or just dirty

141 - 158 of 158 Posts