Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this message coming from their instrument cluster?
IMG_3363.JPG

My car has just under 9000 miles and has been treated well. I've had no issues until recently when I noticed a slight wheezing sound between 2500 and 3000 RPM...and then the next day I got the "Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative" message. I haven't been in an accident, or even come close. The message has appeared each time I've started my car for the last week. I am going to take it to the dealer and have the problem diagnosed but I was wondering if anyone has experience with this issue. I've found similar threads but haven't found them to be much help.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Sorry for the crooked picture--I have no idea how to get my attached picture to show up (vertically) in its original form.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
My car also displayed this message, when new. I had the car for only a few days and everytime I started the vehicle it would display the message. I took the vehicle to the dealership and they were able to reset the codes in about 45 minutes and the vehicle was returned to me. No problems since. Hopefully it will be the same for you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just got this message as well when I was driving home. My car has like 1200km on it lol, I just saw this message popped up after 5 minutes of starting the vehicle and driving, I think it has something to do with the airbags as one of my pictures show that the sign is Off. I restarted the vehicle, the message doesn't show up anymore but the sign was still showing as Off. I am going to check it out again when I drive the car and if anything just bring to the dealership. Error Msg 1.JPG Error Msg 2.JPG

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just got this message as well when I was driving home. My car has like 1200km on it lol, I just saw this message popped up after 5 minutes of starting the vehicle and driving, I think it has something to do with the airbags as one of my pictures show that the sign is Off. I restarted the vehicle, the message doesn't show up anymore but the sign was still showing as Off. I am going to check it out again when I drive the car and if anything just bring to the dealership. View attachment 20228 View attachment 20229
The airbag light should be on if nobody is in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
314 Posts
This happened to me this morning. I was driving 30 mph and all of a sudden the message popped up on the dash and the car went into limp mode. I suddenly lost power and it wouldn't go faster than 2-5 mph. I was able to pull into a side street. I restarted the car and the problem went away.

He car has 22k miles on it. I'm just glad this didn't happen on the freeway since it could have caused an accident.

I took a video of it after pulling into the side street. I sent a message to my service advisor to see if this is something to be concerned about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6qz11ew43rkt1v/Video Oct 06, 10 49 13 AM.mov?dl=0

·
Registered
9,988 Posts
A digital blip ... or an instantaneous resistance change across a bad connector contact (so anomalous voltage drop causing erroneous sensor data, or latent damage within one wire (inside otherwise good looking insulation) causing wrong sensor data levels ... gosh the list goes on.
Would love to hear back on this if they actually track down your particular culprit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a pretty common problem reported by many people but unfortunately the information available on different threads is not enough to get rid of this problem. While looking a solution I came across blog providing enough information about the error, its possible causes and solutions. I would recommend reading that blog before visiting any workshop for the repair. Here is the link to that blog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts