Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to disable the DVD safety feature so that I can have a DVD playing while driving? Whether through the system it can I take it to a shop? I don't want to watch DVDs while driving to work but would for long trips. It seems a little pointless to have a DVD player in your car that only works when the car is in park.

·
Registered
896 Posts
an audio so should be able to do it if no one has a diy fix

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here, here, I have many DVD-A audio discs, would be nice to be able to navigate the menus while driving the car.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Is there any way to disable the DVD safety feature so that I can have a DVD playing while driving? Whether through the system it can I take it to a shop? I don't want to watch DVDs while driving to work but would for long trips. It seems a little pointless to have a DVD player in your car that only works when the car is in park.
Filling up gas with the car running and watching DVD while driving. The forum has some serious death wishers :)

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Mercedes sells a splitview screen so the passenger can watch a video while the driver continues to view a map or on-board computer screen. Interestingly, it can't be sold in a number of states that generally prohibit front seat video. Personally, I just put my seat back and stretch my head into the backseat area to watch from the drop down screen. My wife usually holds the wheel and tells me when to accelerate or hit the brake. ;)

-Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Mercedes sells a splitview screen so the passenger can watch a video while the driver continues to view a map or on-board computer screen. Interestingly, it can't be sold in a number of states that generally prohibit front seat video. Personally, I just put my seat back and stretch my head into the backseat area to watch from the drop down screen. My wife usually holds the wheel and tells me when to accelerate or hit the brake. ;)

-Eric
We played that game as boy scouts too. Two men teams racing through an obstacle course with one men blind folded carrying the guy calling directions. :) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts