1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a CLA 200 2016 and the command system is not starting with the enginer;
After about 3-4 minutes it turns on with everything working normally;
I also realized that if the car is exposed to the sun for a while, with high temperature, it usually starts with the car;

Anyone with a similar problem or some DIY solution ??

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum MarioWBR :)
Many DYI Forum members purchased, or have use of, a code reader - So, the first suggestion is to get a list of current trouble (fault) codes for your 2016 CLA200.
.... or some DIY solution ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How cold at start?
Not so cold, around 20C.. if the car stay on the sun for a while, around 30C, the comand usually starts when i start the engine, it seems that the external temperature influences.. and it’s not just the screen that doesn’t turn on, it’s the whole COMAND system, I see from the onboard computer that bluetooth also stays off, for example

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
very odd
after parking overnight ... open door sit down close door
with a quiet interior ... do you hear some clicking sounds (hard drive access)?

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Sometimes it takes a while before the hard drive “wakes up” and is normal operation as the system maintains and monitors
Though if you sit in a quiet cabin for a while and still nothing, and the system still does not turn on until some driving and temp change, then something is funny with the hard drive and its control circuit
The drive itself is supposed to sustain -30c to +85c so theres that
May need a dealer service team to check for drive and comand diagnostics stored status checks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will do this test of the car stopped at night and see if the command turns on the same after some time, thank you!
Yet, does anyone else suffer from Comand taking too long to start? or it usually starts as soon as the car starts??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
updating, I sure hear some HD noises when I start the car. Another consideration, the lights that illuminate the buttons on the control panel (numeric keypad, clear, answer calls ..) also do not light up, as well as the USB inputs do not work (cell phone does not charge when connected to them). For comparison, the alert buttons, as well as driving mode, disable automatic parking, which are located on the "floor below" of the media center, light up normally. is there any power cable that may be giving bad contact ??

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
My usb port also “died” one day ... no signal transfer no charging but a key off and restart fixed it
The lower console button set is its own unit so if your head unit lighting and function are funny then that unit itself needs service

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a CLA 200 2016 and the command system is not starting with the enginer;
After about 3-4 minutes it turns on with everything working normally;
I also realized that if the car is exposed to the sun for a while, with high temperature, it usually starts with the car;

Anyone with a similar problem or some DIY solution ??
Hey there
Did you fix your problem? I have just bought this model and have the same issue.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
It looks like some faulty head unit that needs to be replaced by the dealer or requires some firmware update. Aside from JMC's suggestion to restart engine to "reboot" system, you will probably have to replace the head unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts