Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
My German is a little rusty, so I was limited to going through the 31 photos, which were quite interesting. It seems like the biggest useability difference between the CLA and C Class is room in the back seat, especially head room. Since I use a back seat for stuff or my dog rather than people about 95% of the time, that is not a big deal. Thanks for posting the link.

·
Registered
730 Posts
A ~1.5" rear-headroom difference between the C-Class sedan & the CLA! The CLA being surveyed had the optional Panorama Moonroof, not sure if that affects headroom (in other makes/models, generally cabin volume is reduced slightly due to a moonroof).

It's ok, all/most of my friends are under 6'... ha! :p

Only rear-seat occupants I'll have on a regular basis will be my sis's kiddoz (all 'tween/'teen ages) when they visit during the summer! :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My German is a little rusty, so I was limited to going through the 31 photos, which were quite interesting. It seems like the biggest useability difference between the CLA and C Class is room in the back seat, especially head room. Since I use a back seat for stuff rather than people about 90% of the time, that is not a big deal. Thanks for posting the link.
My German too,:crazy:, but if you select the text with left mouse (all text in blue) and on the blue text right click, you will be able to translate it with Bing. It is not a perfect translation but helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)
A ~1.5" rear-headroom difference between the C-Class sedan & the CLA! The CLA being surveyed had the optional Panorama Moonroof, not sure if that affects headroom (in other makes/models, generally cabin volume is reduced slightly due to a moonroof).

It's ok, all/most of my friends are under 6'... ha! :p
Only rear-seat occupants I'll have on a regular basis will be my sis's kiddoz (all 'tween/'teen ages) when they visit during the summer! :cool:
It´s ok for me too, only a little daugther :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
My German too,:crazy:, but if you select the text with left mouse (all text in blue) and on the blue text right click, you will be able to translate it with Bing. It is not a perfect translation but helps.
Just open it up in Google Chrome. It'll translate it automatically.

The C-Class design really looks dated next to the CLA.

Love your avatar by the way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just open it up in Google Chrome. It'll translate it automatically.

The C-Class design really looks dated next to the CLA.

Love your avatar by the way.

Like the song of Hotel California: "She got the Mercedes Bends".:in love:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I thought it was going to be a lot smaller than the C, I wonder what the dimensions are compared to a W203? - ahh something to look up later...

·
Registered
339 Posts
It proportions from the side are imbalanced.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for posting this! Dang! That rear seat headroom is the one really hindering me from making me sure that this will be the car to purchase! :-(

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks for posting this! Dang! That rear seat headroom is the one really hindering me from making me sure that this will be the car to purchase! :-(
Hmmm... ~37mm difference is about ~1.46", which IMVHO isn't that bad considering this is a compact 4-door coupe w/ fastback styling. The rear thigh/leg room is actually better in the CLA than the C-Class, so go figure!

Obviously, the rear cabin will be snug for 3 adults & moderately comfortable for 2 adults. May not be the default choice for car-pooling or cross-country family vacation trips, but I don't think it's gonna be a cramped ride either.

Obviously, YMMV... :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts