Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any special steps to take to read the OBD codes on a newer Mercedes? I tried a regular Innova scan tool on my 2021 CLA45 and it stated there was an error connecting to OBD and couldn't read anything. So I bought an iCarsoft MB 3.0 thinking maybe the car needs a Mercedes specific tool... and it can't read OBD either! It keeps giving a connection error. But oddly enough it will scan other components of the car's computers through a diagnostic option.

I'd really like to scan for OBD codes on my car... any tips???

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Needed an update...right out of the box!
Has it given you any codes?

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Needed an update...right out of the box!
Has it given you any codes?
Yeah that's what's weird. This is their latest device... it came out after the current gen A/CLA came out... so I figured it would be good to go. But nope... needed a software update.

I need to spend some time playing with the device. I have no current codes.... but something weird happened in the past so I want to see if there's any codes associated with that event. I noticed the device also reads "historic" codes.

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you pull gearbox temp data with the new icarsoft?

So I checked and I didn't see transmission temperature in the live data values the iCarsoft device displays. But my car does show transmission temperatures on the in car screens (MBUX).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts