Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my 250 is in the dealership now for a $400 60K transmisison service and my SA said some of the coolant lines for the turbo are leaking coolant. Gave me a $465 quote to fix. Has anybody got into a similar issue??? Looks like my 2014 is already having its mid-life crisis!

The money-pit begins as empathetically resonated by Scotty Kilmer.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
So my 250 is in the dealership now for a $400 60K transmisison service and my SA said some of the coolant lines for the turbo are leaking coolant. Gave me a $465 quote to fix. Has anybody got into a similar issue??? Looks like my 2014 is already having its mid-life crisis!

The money-pit begins as empathetically resonated by Scotty Kilmer.
Geee may explain the extra hot turbo ?!
Now am worried about the bearings and blades ...
$465 to replace all the cooling lines may not be such a bad idea?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
ive had my coolant lines leak twice and a return for the oil leak once. I just had the waterpump replaced under warranty because of the most current leak. now I suspect the line might be leaking oil at the return again. I'm due back for the frayed pillar tsb so ill have them inspect the motor again for leaks. My sa said the return lines are fairly normal to leak. Didn't say much about the coolant leaks though..

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
ive had my coolant lines leak twice and a return for the oil leak once. I just had the waterpump replaced under warranty because of the most current leak. now I suspect the line might be leaking oil at the return again. I'm due back for the frayed pillar tsb so ill have them inspect the motor again for leaks. My sa said the return lines are fairly normal to leak. Didn't say much about the coolant leaks though..
Aww man now I cant sleep .....
A) Water pump
Did you notice if the water pump impeller was plastic or metal? Was the leak at the spindle?
B) Oil leak
Is this the return line for the turbo section? And leaks are NORMAL???

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoke with my friends who drive Mercedes cars too. Looks like 5 years is the mark that Mercedes vehicles start showing their age.... hence the 4-year/50K mile warranty. Leasing, or purchasing with extended warranty might be a smart thing to do.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have symptoms from the leaking coolant lines?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Spoke with my friends who drive Mercedes cars too. Looks like 5 years is the mark that Mercedes vehicles start showing their age.... hence the 4-year/50K mile warranty. Leasing, or purchasing with extended warranty might be a smart thing to do.
How many miles do you have on your CLA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Right now I'm at 44,000 roughly. One day I got a coolant reservoir low so I topped it off and started to poke around the motor and noticed crust near the turbo. Now it seems my return on the oil to the turbo is leaking again. I took it in without an oil leak and now its dripping on the floor. But yes he did say those silver return lines tend to leak. Ill snap a pic at lunch.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many miles do you have on your CLA?

I'm @ 60K. Checked my coolant and it's below the black indicator, albeit no dash warnings yet. This morning I saw where the leak is coming from. Will post a pic soon.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm @ 60K. Checked my coolant and it's below the black indicator, albeit no dash warnings yet. This morning I saw where the leak is coming from. Will post a pic soon.
Did you ever post a picture of this?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My tech told me its the seals. But a lot of times the end up replacing the entire line because once it starts to leak it probably wont ever stop.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
My tech told me its the seals. But a lot of times the end up replacing the entire line because once it starts to leak it probably wont ever stop.
The port bone is connected to the seal bone is connected to the line bone is connected to the service bulletin ribs
I suppose if they are gonna mess with things might as well replace main items too ...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
no joke! I went in for a coolant leak and came out with an oil leak! go figure. back to the dealership. I guess its good to get all this stuff worked out right before my warranty runs out. I'm currently sitting at 47k.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
no joke! I went in for a coolant leak and came out with an oil leak! go figure. back to the dealership. I guess its good to get all this stuff worked out right before my warranty runs out. I'm currently sitting at 47k.
Hmmm didnt put something back correctly? Geewhiz

1 - 20 of 37 Posts