Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone recently had to replace this part? I special ordered it in December and am still waiting for it to come from Germany. Apparently 1 dealership in the USA has it and won't sell it to me. I've been driving the car daily with no issues but the check engine light will randomly come on and turn off.

I have 105k miles and this is the only issue i've ever had.

· Registered
83 Posts
Has anyone recently had to replace this part? I special ordered it in December and am still waiting for it to come from Germany. Apparently 1 dealership in the USA has it and won't sell it to me. I've been driving the car daily with no issues but the check engine light will randomly come on and turn off.

I have 105k miles and this is the only issue i've ever had.
I purchased a used one off Ebay with low miles and installed it myself.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oil level is good, don't seem to be losing any oil. Yeah it's been a while since i've been on here. I've thought about selling the car multiple times while it still has some value but I can't bring myself to do it. It's been pretty much bullet proof since I got the car. I drive it hard and until this, have had 0 mechanical issues.

· Registered
9 Posts
by any chance, do you have the part number, please? I got this code, I clean those, ran the test again, delete the code, and did not show so far, but if I have to replace I would like to be prepared,

Personal computer Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

· Premium Member
13,595 Posts
Oil level is good, don't seem to be losing any oil. Yeah it's been a while since i've been on here. I've thought about selling the car multiple times while it still has some value but I can't bring myself to do it. It's been pretty much bullet proof since I got the car. I drive it hard and until this, have had 0 mechanical issues.
Good to hear!
If the oil level is too high ... towards the top of the 23 ticks ... might be an issue?
Anyway if replacing it could resolve things might be worth a go
Though maybe get some pointers from Ophydian

· Registered
65 Posts
Oh man, did I get the last one? We’re in an eerily similar situation. My car threw a CEL for P052E a couple months ago and was diagnosed to the vent valve. Was told by my SA she’d be in touch when the part came in from Germany. After waiting over a month with radio silence and having done enough research to be confident in part numbers, I went ahead and ordered the vent valve (oil separator) through parts. Was told there was 1 left in the country when I ordered. What PN are you looking for? 1330105600? If you inquired end of last week or early this week, you might’ve missed it by just a day or two.

Have you tried ordering through an OEM parts supplier website like mbparts.mbusa.com ?

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be honest, I relied on my mechanic who has always been top notch so i'm not 100% sure on the part #. I need to take it in for regular service next week and i'll get the exact part # and info and do my own investigating cause this is ridiculous.

I had my mechanic order the part in in November or December and have heard this is pretty normal these days which is scary. I don't like working on cars anymore (i'm not good at it/just good at driving and breaking them) although I did fix my wife's bmw's RDC module in about 3 minutes and saved myself $1800 so I might have to go down that route.

· Registered
65 Posts
Do you happen to know the code? Is it P052E or P1CE700?

My car goes into the dealer on Tuesday for the repair of code P052E. I had to track everything down myself, so if you have P052E I can pretty confidently provide you the part numbers for that repair.. but will wait to type it all out if you have P1CE700, bc that’s related.. but different parts.

· Registered
9 Posts
Do you happen to know the code? Is it P052E or P1CE700?

My car goes into the dealer on Tuesday for the repair of code P052E. I had to track everything down myself, so if you have P052E I can pretty confidently provide you the part numbers for that repair.. but will wait to type it all out if you have P1CE700, bc that’s related.. but different parts.
I have the P1CE700....

· Registered
2 Posts
Do you happen to know the code? Is it P052E or P1CE700? My car goes into the dealer on Tuesday for the repair of code P052E. I had to track everything down myself, so if you have P052E I can pretty confidently provide you the part numbers for that repair.. but will wait to type it all out if you have P1CE700, bc that’s related.. but different parts.
I have P052E please help

· Registered
9 Posts
You will need to replace you pcv valve, which may be integrated in to the oil seperator unit if you have that. Im not familiar if it is the same as the cla45 but you should look for the part online and then see if its easy to install for yourself. The one on the cla45 is a big job, not very easy, you will have to jack the car up. I would say you should only attempt it if youve been working on cars and have the right tools. the coolant is almost a must that it needs to be drained so you can move lines to make room to remove it. If you can just get the pcv valve then it would be a bit easier.

If you have trouble, call up your local dealer and have them help you find the part number and youll know what youre getting into based off the price. this large unit was around 500 bucks. should give you an idea what youre up against.

· Registered
83 Posts
I have cla250
You have some options. Buy the part from MB and have them install it for $1800 or you can buy the part on Ebay that came from a wrecked vehicle for a fraction of the price and install it yourself. If you are mechanically inclined, then it should be doable at home. I did mine, and I will tell you it is not an easy task. I also bought the MB Emanual to help remove and replace it.

I tried the different methods of getting valve unstuck, but it didn't work for me.

In a nutshell, you will be removing the passenger side wheel, drive shaft, and one of the lower motor mounts, along with a myriad of different heat shields.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts