Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my right front wheel (18" gloss black AMG ) was curbed really badly due to my stupid carelessness. My car is in the wheel repair shop , and I previously had my driver side front wheel also slightly curbed on the edge of the wheel rim. Hence, I decided to do both wheels at one time, for the price of $300.00. I think it is a reasonable price, compared with buying a brand new replacement wheel for $900.

Reactions: Bahn

·
Registered
32 Posts
bro i just hit a curb in my car and grinded both wheels on my passenger side. I also hit the curb so hard my power steering when out for a week, and i got scared so i sent it to a collision center. THey fixed my power steering and gave me two new wheels and repainted underside of my bumper. i used insurance and it was like a $4k job i think. oh well got two new wheels now. the 19 amg wheels are $1500 each.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I need to get all 4 of mine fixed, I think it is going to cost me about $400-$500. One side was my fault at the airport the other was either curb my wheel or get hit head on by some dumb lady.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have decided to get alloygators rim guards on my wheels, aiming to get it installed tomorrow if booking can be made with the local shop. Going with red rim guards.

Don't have a pic for the equivalent CLA, but as an example:

Still debating on white or red rim guards .......

white seems to fit well with a white CLA, but red ones might impart more sportiness ... which one should I go for ? hmmm....

another example pic, and imagine black AMG wheels

Reactions: Bahn

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got the alloy gators rim guards installed today. Picked red over white. Personally l like it a lot. Works for me.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pics of the car with the rim guards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts