Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm back now I have my cylinder 2 misfiring .. could it be my coil packs??
Already replaced my sparkplugs:mad:o_O

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Injector timing and payload volume / cam angle sensor / compression variance

If its a bad harness to one of the coils then position swap has no effect

Just some thoughts ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One thing that does happen is as soon as I turn off the car and turn it back on it stops and runs perfectly fine

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
In the old days i just unplugged one spark plug cable at a time to locate either a bad plug or bad cable or bad contact points
The injectors are the most nebulous so hunt down the other culprits/sensors first i suppose

How about a heavy dose of chevron techron plus just for kicks? You never know ...

·
Registered
314 Posts
In the old days i just unplugged one spark plug cable at a time to locate either a bad plug or bad cable or bad contact points
The injectors are the most nebulous so hunt down the other culprits/sensors first i suppose

How about a heavy dose of chevron techron plus just for kicks? You never know ...
If the injectors seem easy to get to, you can remove the fuel rail, and run a 9 volt battery to each of the contact lead in the injector to see if it “clicks on”. If it does, then the injector is likely not bad.

If there are no other error other than P0302, you should run a compression test and a leak-down test to make sure there isn’t any mechanical issue going on. Chasing electrical issue when the issue is mechanical could be time consuming and expensive.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
come to think of it piezos are pretty tough ... so it would be the drive circuit but it's binary so who knows ... but yeah if the static voltage test does not impose a response then the unit is a goner

believe me i used to chase wires all the time cuz they snap inside the insulation though nowadays the looms are fairly constrained and the bend radii are moderate however on more than one occasion a wire wiggle caused changes (for me at least) and is a cheap quick sanity check ... and then there's the infamous bad connector plug and socket nightmares we have so many of on here good grief

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alright I'm back now I have my cylinder 2 misfiring .. could it be my coil packs??
Already replaced my sparkplugs:mad:o_O
hi, I had that problem with Honda Accord, one coil was replace by the dealer, I had it tow to the dealer and they replace that coil and it work after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts