Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I feel I've reached my performance bolt-on limit and I am looking at the next thing to upgrade. IMO the next step is the cylinder head. Does anyone know of any CLA that has had this work done?

·
Registered
182 Posts
So I feel I've reached my performance bolt-on limit and I am looking at the next thing to upgrade. IMO the next step is the cylinder head. Does anyone know of any CLA that has had this work done?
What do you have done right now?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What do you have done right now?
Armytrix Exhaust
CAI
TKS turbo upgrade with comport
TKS FMIC
Not planning on doing down pipe at this time as there isn’t much of an increase in performance for price IMO. The stock down pipe is large for the HP output.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Armytrix Exhaust
CAI
TKS FMIC
Not planning on doing down pipe at this time as there isn’t much of an increase in performance for price IMO. The stock down pipe is large for the HP output.
Meant to edit my reply on Downpipe - Granted if I can find one on the cheap I might pull the trigger. There is one on Ebay right now but the buyer won't budge on price.

·
Registered
2016 CLA 250 2.0L 4matic
15 Posts
Armytrix Exhaust
CAI
TKS FMIC
Just to clarify, is it a 250 or a 45 AMG? I know the CLA 250's exhaust headers are cast as one piece with the turbo housing— does the TKS upgrade port the headers or just the turbo?

Other than valvetrain/ported cylinder head, the one surefire way to make power with a turbo is to go E85 and crank up the boost (your mileage may vary, things tend to go kaboom when you turn up the boost too high 😜)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just to clarify, is it a 250 or a 45 AMG? I know the CLA 250's exhaust headers are cast as one piece with the turbo housing— does the TKS upgrade port the headers or just the turbo?

Other than valvetrain/ported cylinder head, the one surefire way to make power with a turbo is to go E85 and crank up the boost (your mileage may vary, things tend to go kaboom when you turn up the boost too high 😜)
CLA 250 and yes TKS does and I got that upgraded. It’s not a full hone of the manifold, just the exhaust port. I don’t think anyone makes a tubular manifold for CLA and I’m not willing to be serial #1.

I live in Texas so finding E85 is problematic.

Myquestion was moreif anyone has explored doing work on the head.

I'd prefer to stay away from higher boost levels for the reason you stated as mine is a daily driver. That is why I figured getting more air/fuel into the combustion chamber through opening everything up would and adding a more aggressive cam would get me to that next level. I can find a used head fairly easy, I just don't want to wind up with a $500 paper weight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts