Mercedes CLA Forum banner

D.I.Y. ntg5 CLA 117 8" Display upgrade - Plug- and play

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cosmin 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all Mercedes CLA owners.
So I've finally did one of the mods I've been wanting to do for a long time.
Changing the smaller awful screen to the bigger one.

For one, this is a esthetic improvement only, it doesn't give any more functions nor touchscreen.
It doesn't require anything more than a torx 20 screwdriver and the bigger screen.

This will only work on CLA- A- B- GLA-class class with NTG5, the one with silver buttons under head unit, on both with or without navigation.

You simply open the flaps in the backside of the screen and unscrew the two screws. You don't have to take them out all the way, then you lift the old one upwards, disconnect the leads.
Plug in the leads on the new one, lower it into the bracket, secure screws, pop the covers back and voila, it's done!

Some pictures before and after.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design

Gear shift Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering wheel

Car Speedometer Vehicle Trip computer Tachometer

Good luck!

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
I'd say the resolution seems better with the A1669001420, at least not in anyway worse.
Looks way more MB-premium than the A2469007018.

But in the older models, with the ntg4 , the resolution really is'nt nowere compareable to the ntg5.

I've took a look at the pictures again, they does make it look bad, I'll take new pictures and ad them to the thread soon.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Sorry for this update taking so long, but I finally remembered it now, it's quite difficult to get fair quality pictures since they seem to be framed down when uploading. But the new screen, the screen this upgrade DIY is about, is the one in this posts picture. IRL the picturequality looks absolutely crisp, so good that I'm thinking about android auto, but ATM I have much other stuff to attend to.

As a verdict, this DIY, is definitely worth it many times over. I've never regretted it and the local MB shop manager was really impressed with what I do to make my Mercedes-Benz even nicer.

You DO NOT have to do any programming as long as it's the same A-numbers as I listed in the first post.

Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.