Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cla180 sports 2018
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm looking to upgrade my stereo system on my cla180 2018 if it at all possible to a dab system.can this be done or am I stuck with fm radio. ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
You did not specify what you are looking to upgrade ...

Replace head control unit? Add on a DVD player?

Replace speakers and add amp?

Your question is a wide open question... could have a thousand and one possible answers for it... it depends on what your end goal is for the upgrade.....

If you want to run spotify, simply add on carplay function, easily done at dealership

Anything is possible, if you have the mulah...

State and specify exactly what you are looking to upgrade on the current factory stereo and the forum folks can provide the intelligent feedback.

·
Registered
Cla180 sports 2018
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You did not specify what you are looking to upgrade ...

Replace head control unit? Add on a DVD player?

Replace speakers and add amp?

Your question is a wide open question... could have a thousand and one possible answers for it... it depends on what your end goal is for the upgrade.....

If you want to run spotify, simply add on carplay function, easily done at dealership

Anything is possible, if you have the mulah...

State and specify exactly what you are looking to upgrade on the current factory stereo and the forum folks can provide the intelligent feedback.
Looking to replace the head control unit only. Just looking to get better radio reception as fm not great were I live .

Thanks

·
Registered
CLA250 4Matic Engineered by AMG Shooting brake
7 Posts
Hi all I'm looking to upgrade my stereo system on my cla180 2018 if it at all possible to a dab system.can this be done or am I stuck with fm radio. ?

Thanks
Mate I'm in the same boat, with mine. looking for the right components to upgrade the head unit for DAB.

I've been inside the software and I can switch it on but I'm missing the hardware. let us know if you do find anything!

Personally I don't know think people understand about digital radio sounding a lot cleaner than FM even when the signal isn't great it is a literal game changer.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
If FM reception not great in the area, and that’s all you are looking to enhance reception of , then as suggested by Ans, go check out a stereo shop specializing in aftermarket upgrades. Like I said, if mulah is not an issue, anything is possible.

Reactions: ans

·
Premium Member
13,224 Posts
almost sounds like a little project for a SDR expert ... time to rummage through digikey and mouser ... :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts