Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking at putting a dash cam into my CLA 2022, and wondered what people use and the best way to fit it, not keen on hard wiring rather use a USB or cigarette lighter socket but wondered how to get it from the passage door to the centre console. Want it neat and hidden.

·
Super Moderator
616 Posts
It's been switched on for over a year, had to pay mercedes £200 and buy a USB stick well an ssd to record to plugged into the centre console, you need the latest software fup3 or 081 for it to be available to purchase from the me app and you can get them to update by telling them that the Bluetooth keeps dropping off on your phone, you may also get your Internet unlocked so that you can use your phones data rather than paying Vodafone which I have seen people saying they are getting in the latest update but sadly wasn't in the update when I had it done

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out if interest does your car have augmented sat nav, it appears its no longer allowed now we're out of the eu, and the UK government won't give a licence to use it, something to do with a moving picture ahead of the driver bit like tv i guess.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Why would you NOT want to hard wire it? Isn't that the best way to do it? That way you don't have to look at any wires dangling around your car.

As for Augmented Reality NAV... seems to depend on the markets. In Canada I don't see it on the Configurator while on the USA website it's shown as available.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Only worry about the hard wire route is how will it affect warranty as its brand new
I recommend you do the hardwire option via a professional electronics shop which is also an authorized dealer for the dash cam. That way your warranty is not void.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
I recommend you do the hardwire option via a professional electronics shop which is also an authorized dealer for the dash cam. That way your warranty is not void.
Why does a professional need to do it? I did it myself... it's not a big deal. You just tuck the wire inside trim to the fuse panel. Then you attach one wire to a switched fuse and then the other wire to a bolt for ground and you're done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts