Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone in the UK purchased the new dashcam feature? It costs £200 from the Mercedes store. It wasn't available before but has been for about a week now.

Was thinking of getting it but would like to see if someone has it already and whether it is worth it.

The site says it's a one off payment for the life of the car.

Let me know if anyone has it already.

·
Registered
434 Posts
yep its ok ,not the best (720p)but it is all full integrated ,the only downer is you have to manually start recording every time, but this can be done quickly by creating a shortcut in the favourites menu then brought up by using the steering wheel star *, plus you will need a fast read and write usb c stick or what i purchased a Samsung t5 portable ssd500gb

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep its ok ,not the best (720p)but it is all full integrated ,the only downer is you have to manually start recording every time, but this can be done quickly by creating a shortcut in the favourites menu then brought up by using the steering wheel star *, plus you will need a fast read and write usb c stick or what i purchased a Samsung t5 portable ssd500gb
Perfect. Thanks... I think I'll sign up to it.

·
Registered
220 Petrol, 2019
1 Posts
picked up a 2020 cla 220d yesterday, it has augmented navigation, but no option to purchase the dash cam in store?
Same here UK. I enquired with Mercedes and was told it needed a software update and they would send the details to my local dealer for them to action. Got there today to be told they hadn't received the details and the 1 hour update promised would now take 5 hrs with an update to the whole MBUX system. It's now booked in for December, the only thing is, they said they had never done one before and i don't like the idea of them learning on my car. :rolleyes:
I still haven't decided if I will actually spend the £200 for the dashcam option yet as it seems to have it's limitations; but it will be nice to have a choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts