Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered mounting a dashcam on their cla45? with the large housing the mirror is mounted to, has anyone thought about a good place to mount a dashcam?

·
Registered
342 Posts
New-Mercedes-Benz-CLA-45-AMG-Edition-1-Interior.jpg

Yes, I am looking to mount a dashcam on the AMG due to the horrible drivers here in Vancouver. There seems to be a good place behind the rear view mirror under the plastic thing to attach a dashcam.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good dashcam now? =)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a ITB-100HD, which is pretty good, but if i can't get it to fit, thinking of a finevue CR-500HD which is a bit smaller

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thought I would revive this thread to share where I ended up putting my dash cam.

The windshield was too obtrusive and showed way too much from outside.
I decided to mount the dashcam with velcro to the actual plastic housing just below the rearview mirror.
It turned out great. The camera itself gets a perfect view of the road. The camera is out of my field of view. I can just make out the very bottom below the rearview mirror and from outside the car it's a lot less noticeable.

Pics:
20170407_103432_HDR.jpg 20170407_103251_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pretty cool, I fon't know why I can't see the pics?

Thought I would revive this thread to share where I ended up putting my dash cam.

The windshield was too obtrusive and showed way too much from outside.
I decided to mount the dashcam with velcro to the actual plastic housing just below the rearview mirror.
It turned out great. The camera itself gets a perfect view of the road. The camera is out of my field of view. I can just make out the very bottom below the rearview mirror and from outside the car it's a lot less noticeable.

Pics:
[iurl="http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43193&d=1491833486"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43201&d=1491833488"]
[/iurl]

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I am trying to hide the whole thing inside the rain sensor housing ... kinda like the oem lane keep system ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts