Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is it normal that I know more about the cla than the dealer

went in today to wrap up my order details paint color and interior choice and I had tell the dealer he was specing the wrong class

now I'm waiting for him to check the facts

if they don't get their info soon I'm going to move on to a audi or bmw at least they seem to have the facts on their offerings. why is mb keeping everyone in the dark. they are killing the cla before it even gets delivered in north america.

forgot to mention that I felt like I was buying a cheap American car and being rush thru the process not exactly an amazing customer experience so far.

for someone who is exactly what is being targeted by mb. over 30 and 6 figure income not impressed so far. mb better smarten up or they will end up with a major flop. looks aren't everything in the end and the performance reviews so far are so so.

·
Registered
331 Posts

went in today to wrap up my order details paint color and interior choice and I had tell the dealer he was specing the wrong class

if they don't get their info soon I'm going to move on to a audi or bmw at least they seem to have the facts on their offerings. why is mb keeping everyone in the dark. they are killing the cla before it even gets delivered in north america.

forgot to mention that I felt like I was buying a cheap American car and being rush thru the process not exactly an amazing customer experience so far.

for someone who is exactly what is being targeted by mb. over 30 and 6 figure income not impressed so far. mb better smarten up or they will end up with a major flop. looks aren't everything in the end and the performance reviews so far are so so.
I felt the same way... I would think the sales person would know more about the car they are selling. :|

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I can't speak to the specific dealer you visited but as with any make there are good dealers and there are bad ones. As for the data they possess, the car isn't even on the market and won't be for quite some time. I have a hard time penalizing dealers for not knowing something that the manufacturer hasn't yet released to them or not releasing to you information that they aren't permitted to release.

Try asking a BMW dealer to configure an M4 and let me know what they tell you. Claiming to be over 30 making 6 figures on an Internet forum dedicated to a Mercedes Benz doesn't make you special. It makes you one of countless others. I'm not making excuses for a dealer who treated you poorly, if in fact that was the case, but if you are insatiably in need of answers today then you are better off buying something that is actually on the market today. I get wanting information but if you can't wait (as others can't or couldn't) then buy something else and consider a CLA in the future when the car is actually in showrooms here.

Just my $.02,

-Eric

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your right and wrong at the same time. my point is not my status it's that I'm exactly what they claim to be the target market people just like me will sell this car or kill it based on perceptions, rightfully or not that's marketing 101. as far as all the other points I would agree had the deliveries not yet started but they did so let's give the other guys a break on that. mb needs to wise up. the dealer last night spent more time trying to get me to buy an AMG 63 at a crazy discount 67k sticker to 58k instead of the cla I ordered

rumors about trying to use the cla as a bait and switch are starting to look true

·
Registered
495 Posts

I have to agree with you. I have contacted three dealers within my immediate area (NC) and out of the three only one of them was able to assist me a great deal. I also have placed a pre-order, but haven't heard any further details about delivery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts