Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just found out my dealership put a NEW order in after making the exterior color change

i essentially lost my original allocation spot from months ago !

the first order turned to red last week too! they said they wanted it to sell so put in a fake name after seeing my request for a grey one

now im #2 and still in yellow phase

i hate mercedes right now

#50 on list to probably #5000 now

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I know your feel of hatred man. I still don't even have a order number or anything even though I was the first one to order in my province. Also my dealership still isn't giving out options information. Also now I'm starting to think that my dealership might have done the same thing for me...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Please send me a PM C45. :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I just found out my dealership put a NEW order in after making the exterior color change

i essentially lost my original allocation spot from months ago !

the first order turned to red last week too! they said they wanted it to sell so put in a fake name after seeing my request for a grey one

now im #2 and still in yellow phase

i hate mercedes right now

#50 on list to probably #5000 now
Please explain why happened.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Perhaps the car gods are trying to tell you something, such as WAIT. Let the beta testers do their thing then buy.
Mercedes does enough testing so that us "beta testers" don't have to worry

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know what's happening in Canada regarding delivery of CLA45, but here in Chicago, I have been told by my dealership that I can expect delivery May2014. And although my name is in the M-B System, my car order has not been submitted. As it is, though I am anxious to get behind the wheel, I wasn't so excited taking delivery in winter. BTW, I am very tight with my dealership so I do not think I am being jacked around. I think they are just too busy cranking out CLA250s, and the 45 is pretty complicated because of all the different options/orders. Still kinda sucks, though.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I don't know what's happening in Canada regarding delivery of CLA45, but here in Chicago, I have been told by my dealership that I can expect delivery May2014. And although my name is in the M-B System, my car order has not been submitted. As it is, though I am anxious to get behind the wheel, I wasn't so excited taking delivery in winter. BTW, I am very tight with my dealership so I do not think I am being jacked around. I think they are just too busy cranking out CLA250s, and the 45 is pretty complicated because of all the different options/orders. Still kinda sucks, though.
Well my order was only finalized yesterday yet I'm one of the first people in North America and possibly even the world to receive the 45 amg (Expected delivery date November 10. Would get it way earlier if I didnt live in the west) Also I believe that they should have submitted the order by now, well actually it depends on when you ordered the car. So may I ask you when you ordered it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mercedes does enough testing so that us "beta testers" don't have to worry
There's always things, some small, others a bit bigger that are missed during the development of a car. And this particular engine, pushing close to two atmospheres of boost, is even more suspect.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
There's always things, some small, others a bit bigger that are missed during the development of a car. And this particular engine, pushing close to two atmospheres of boost, is even more suspect.
Well Mercedes has extremely high standards and puts their cars through rigourless testing especially the AMG models so I fully trust the car. Now if it were a shitty Honda, Toyota, Kia, or Hyundai thats when I'd worry

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's not a Honda, Mercedes, Nissan or any other automaker thing. It's an industrial production thing. Remember 458 Italias catching on fire. How much testing do you think Ferrari did on that car? Or what about the HPFP issues BMW had with the N54 engine. Do you think that was not tested?

In a prior life I was involved in military and commercial aviation. The same rules apply there. The Airbus A380 faced many teething problems when it was first introduced into operational commercial service as did ( and is still currently) the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. I can assure you Airbus and Boeing extensively tested these aircraft but somethings just don't show up until an aircraft is in the hands of operators flying day in and day out.

Please try to have a bit of respect for Honda. The brand might not have the panache of Mercedes but they've always been a very clever and intelligent engineering company. They may have lost sight of some of the things Soichiro Honda stood for but have no doubt they're still extremely capable. Their cars might not be the most stylish but they last. In fact, I think Honda/Acura has the top spot for resale value.

And let's not forget their motorcycle, power sports, power equipment, and marine divisions. And if you haven't heard they also make a jet.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
It's not a Honda, Mercedes, Nissan or any other automaker thing. It's an industrial production thing. Remember 458 Italias catching on fire. How much testing do you think Ferrari did on that car? Or what about the HPFP issues BMW had with the N54 engine. Do you think that was not tested?

In a prior life I was involved in military and commercial aviation. The same rules apply there. The Airbus A380 faced many teething problems when it was first introduced into operational commercial service as did ( and is still currently) the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. I can assure you Airbus and Boeing extensively tested these aircraft but somethings just don't show up until an aircraft is in the hands of operators flying day in and day out.

Please try to have a bit of respect for Honda. The brand might not have the panache of Mercedes but they've always been a very clever and intelligent engineering company. They may have lost sight of some of the things Soichiro Honda stood for but have no doubt they're still extremely capable. Their cars might not be the most stylish but they last. In fact, I think Honda/Acura has the top spot for resale value.

And let's not forget their motorcycle, power sports, power equipment, and marine divisions. And if you haven't heard they also make a jet.
Only Japanese car company I have respect for is Subaru and Mitsubishi. Also I'll never ever in my life have respect for a Honda because of the fart cans and because of all the annoying douchebags driving them lol. Added on I test drove both Hondas and Acuras and their engines are plain shit truthfully right now. Need so much rpm to catch a tiny bit of speed that its ridiculous. Only Hondas I might have some respect for are the olds ones which haven't been pimped out though since they we're well made. Plus like in my post I would trust a Mercedes far more then any Honda or Toyota etc ever since Mercedes puts them through intense testing far more then any Honda or Toyota is ever tested. Also Yes they don't catch some tiny things and maybe some big things once in a while, but they are far far more trustworthy then those types of companies especially the AMGS since I've truthfully never heard of a AMG ever having issues.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Well my order was only finalized yesterday yet I'm one of the first people in North America and possibly even the world to receive the 45 amg (Expected delivery date November 10. Would get it way earlier if I didnt live in the west) Also I believe that they should have submitted the order by now, well actually it depends on when you ordered the car. So may I ask you when you ordered it?
My car in SoCal turned RED fourth week of July and went into production last week (13/08/02) and will be ready early September. I believe this is one of the earliest CLA45s to be completed and I have StarNet to prove it. Problem is, Mercedes Benz will not deliver any CLA45 until after official release date just like the thousands of CLA250 sitting at the dock waiting for September 23. My StarNet shows many CLA250 completed late July and are just waiting. Mercedes will not upset dealers by releasing some cars to some dealers and not others. Every major dealer will get two CLA45 at about the same time in November. I am going to give up my early CLA order for the next car with build date of 13/10/01 as I don't want to take the very early batch of cars. The Big Pill may be right. New model from a new factory in a new country spells quality trouble. Computer simulation only goes so far. But I am taking November delivery as I am afraid my enthusiasm for the CLA45 will wane if I wait any longer...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
My car in SoCal turned RED fourth week of July and went into production last week (13/08/02) and will be ready early September. I believe this is one of the earliest CLA45s to be completed and I have StarNet to prove it. Problem is, Mercedes Benz will not deliver any CLA45 until after official release date just like the thousands of CLA250 sitting at the dock waiting for September 23. My StarNet shows many CLA250 completed late July and are just waiting. Mercedes will not upset dealers by releasing some cars to some dealers and not others. Every major dealer will get two CLA45 at about the same time in November. I am going to give up my early CLA order for the next car with build date of 13/10/01 as I don't want to take the very early batch of cars. The Big Pill may be right. New model from a new factory in a new country spells quality trouble. Computer simulation only goes so far. But I am taking November delivery as I am afraid my enthusiasm for the CLA45 will wane if I wait any longer...
Now the question is when is the official release date? Since I have a expected delivery date of November 10 it has to be that day or a couple days earlier

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
That may very well be the date.
Then Im extremely happy that I ended up in Europe this summer since its allowing me to get one of the first CLA 45 AMGS in the world or NA then. Going to Affalterbach was well worth it in that case lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts