Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just called to tell me that my car which I preordered in May, won't have a delivery date until at least January due to the paint color. I am not sure to wait or change colors. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Same here, mine is also delayed untill januari 2014.

I will stick with Patagonia Red. Mainly because most CLA's will be black, grey or white.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I called the dealer today and changed to Cosmos Black. Patagonia wasn't my first color choice, but my wife liked it. I can't wait until February for a color when I have been waiting on this for almost a year already. I also got nervous because if they tell you it's a paint problem and it won't be ready until February, whose to say it won't be an issue down the road with the paint? I chose black because black Benz's just scream Bad Ass!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would have done the same if they didn't offer me a temporary CLA.
That makes the long wait a bit easier.

I do think that Patagonia Red stays an exclusive color.. it will not be seen much on the road.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Rocket, another spammer. Hard to tell from a single post but some of the others, while brief, were entirely out of context.

-Eric

·
Registered
96 Posts
So I had decided to wait for the January build of Patagonia Red. Today was told by my dealer that this color will not be available for the foreseeable future, even going as far forward as 2nd quarter 2014 production. Is this an Australia only problem? Are those in the U.S. still expecting P.Red availability in 1st quarter 2014 builds?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have asked my dealer in The Netherlands about my Patagonia red CLA order (march 2013), last month I was still told that the car was built in january.
I will let you know a.s.ap.

·
Registered
295 Posts
And here also.. No Patagonia Red untill at least June 2014 :sad:

I can't believe Mercedes is treating there newly found first time customers like this.
I ordered my car in March 2013 with delivery in october, then januari and now god knows when :disappointed:

Mercedes.. shame on you !!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for that sad confirmation link Rocket88.

Will you wait it out, in the hope that it becomes available in 2nd half 2014? This is basically saying that it won't become available until the MY15 release.

As much as I would like to stick with Patagonia Red, I am being sorely tempted to swap for a standard color to get the vehicle sooner... especially since there seems to be no guaranteed beginning production date for P. Red.

·
Registered
295 Posts
For me 2 disappointments are enough. especially with no real confirmation when it will be available.
I too have to switch another color.. think it's going to be white.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I love my Jupiter Red CLA. I didn't see much difference between the two.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love my Jupiter Red CLA. I didn't see much difference between the two.
I agree. I originally ordered Patagonia, but then switched to Cosmos black, and then switched to Jupiter once I saw it in person. I'm picking mine up tomorrow……can't wait!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I agree. I originally ordered Patagonia, but then switched to Cosmos black, and then switched to Jupiter once I saw it in person. I'm picking mine up tomorrow……can't wait!
tjames, you will love the car! Good luck with it. What options did you select?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts