Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the night styling, is there anything else I should NOT be ordering for me to make sure my car arrives in November? Could I order the carbon fiber exterior and not experience a delay? I saw someone post a reference about Pano roof being a delay factor as well?

If I can get pano roof + carbon fiber for November I would. If that's not possible I may be willing to wait til January for the less expensive night style. Any definitive answers you guys can give would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Besides the night styling, is there anything else I should NOT be ordering for me to make sure my car arrives in November? Could I order the carbon fiber exterior and not experience a delay? I saw someone post a reference about Pano roof being a delay factor as well?

If I can get pano roof + carbon fiber for November I would. If that's not possible I may be willing to wait til January for the less expensive night style. Any definitive answers you guys can give would be much appreciated.
Last time someone posted about the pano roof, the problem was solved. It is not a delay anymore as far as i know. Maybe your dealer can give you more info.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

I would wait for January 2014 build date for February-March delivery if I could. But I have waited so long for the car another 6 month is just not reasonable. By then, the 2015 is already looming on the horizon with many of the options not available on the 2014s.
The Night styling is crucial, however, if you want the black 16 spoke rim. I will take my car without it and convert it myself at a greater cost than $750 if those rims look hideous without the matching blacked out trim.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Droosie, go to your dealer and have them input your specifications into the MB online ordering system. The system will immediately show a popup error message for any feature that will cause a delay in build. This will give you the most current and accurate information.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Aren't the Recaros with the MB tex unavailable until January?
The order guide gave no dates for availability.
MB clearly gave the US a lowball base CLA45 price compared to the rest of the world but designed to make a killing on options. Looking at the CLA45 option price list for England, everything is cheaper and can be ordered a la carte.
The Artico/Dinamica Recaro (651) seats are standard on every CLA45 sold in the world but US. They know everyone sees that as a must have and by withholding the cheap Recaro, it makes you buy the $3750 leather one plus bundled with the $2200 premium package. The seat, I bet, will become standard after a year or two along with the back up camera. But if you want to be the first on your block to drive a CLA45, you have to pay...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I think my plan is to forego any sort of leather or recaro and go for the standard dinamica seats. Saves you about $3k which I can put towards the carbon fiber exterior trim, hopefully saving myself a wait til January. If you do not get pano roof do you at least get a standard moonroof?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Thanks. I think my plan is to forego any sort of leather or recaro and go for the standard dinamica seats. Saves you about $3k which I can put towards the carbon fiber exterior trim, hopefully saving myself a wait til January. If you do not get pano roof do you at least get a standard moonroof?
I don't get it. Why is the carbon fiber exterior trims worth $3700 ? It doesn't look particularly attractive. Thought the black is a better choice. Can't you wrap the trim with carbon fiber look-alike for a few hundred bucks ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't get it. Why is the carbon fiber exterior trims worth $3700 ? It doesn't look particularly attractive. Thought the black is a better choice. Can't you wrap the trim with carbon fiber look-alike for a few hundred bucks ?
That carbon fiber front lip wouldn't last a month on the roads here in Pa.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I called my dealer to ask this and he said nothing on my order should cause any extra delay. I'm still on schedule for a Nov build and Jan delivery. I do not have the night styling or carbon fiber though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Theres no performance advantage so bottom line it comes down to individual opinions on looks. I want the white / black stormtrooper look. That said, if night package / carbon fiber was delivered at the same time, I'd go for night package and save 3k. I'd rather have the car sooner. Also, the carbon fiber trim is akin to Black Edition AMGs. The way I'm "justifying" this in my head, is that it's okay to pay $3k for the black edition trim, instead of a black mold / paint trim.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to update y'all, CF is also delayed til January. I couldn't find a color combo that I really liked with the silver trim, so I switched to night package and decided to wait. Already put my deposit down for white w/ night package + a bunch of other options. Counting down the days will be awful but at least I'll have time to sell my M3!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Got a call from dealer today, car is in production status. ETA is late October. It seems my order have no problem with night package.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Got a call from dealer today, car is in production status. ETA is late October. It seems my order have no problem with night package.
Think that Canada overall has no problem with it because I wasnt notified about any delay for my Recaros and night package. Also your cars being built right now? And I wonder if they'll hold it until November or if they'll give it to you in October.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Think that Canada overall has no problem with it because I wasnt notified about any delay for my Recaros and night package. Also your cars being built right now? And I wonder if they'll hold it until November or if they'll give it to you in October.
United States buyers will account for 60-70% of the world's CLA45. MB has to cut out the US when there is shortage of parts. First, you only piss off one country albeit your largest customer base. Secondly, if you accept only limited order for certain options, who are you going to give them to first. A lottery system ? That's why NO SOUP FOR US !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to update y'all, CF is also delayed til January. I couldn't find a color combo that I really liked with the silver trim, so I switched to night package and decided to wait. Already put my deposit down for white w/ night package + a bunch of other options. Counting down the days will be awful but at least I'll have time to sell my M3!
Actually, it sounds like the CF delay depends on where you're at in the dealers' queue, not across the board. If enough orders in front of you opt out of CF, then you're not delayed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems like i'm the only one out there who ordered the standard silver trim (in combination with cirrus white and the silver alloys), although not convinced by myself.
But this pics of similar A45s look very nice with this spec:
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

And as the night package is delayed anyway, maybe i get my baby a bit earlier with the silver / white styling :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I toyed with white + silver and silver + silver as 2 combos I didn't mind. Although I don't typically like silver cars, I thought I might like matte silver. In the end, the dealer advised me to not get matte because I'd be paying for a headache. After a lot of thinking, I decided I might as well go with what I really wanted which was the white + black.

That said, I think white + silver works fine. Feel free to rub it in when you get your car earlier than I do.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts