Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I ordered a CLA45S in Sweden in the middle of September 2021. Got an estimated date of May 2022.. Anyone else who ordered one in the same time frame or anyone thats got any info regarding how their order went down?
Should I expecg maybe getting it earlier than May or is it most likely to come then if they gave that date?
Just felt like 9 months is a loner wait time than usual even for corona. My dealer still says that the car may come earlier.
They havent given me any confirmed build dates. Only estimated build date march/april. But dealee says this could also change to be earlier..

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
402 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. There are several threads relating to the delays on the forum, but to summarise it for you, if you get your 45S by May, you will be a very lucky owner! Some of the wait times are now stretching in excess of 12 months (and more). The biggest issue is the lack of communication from Mercedes regarding the delays, with dealers making all the promises in the world but not backed up by the realities of the massive supply chain disruptions - but whatever makes a sale right? I hope you are a lucky one and get it when you expect mate, it is an amazing machine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey, I ordered a CLA45S in Sweden in the middle of September 2021. Got an estimated date of May 2022.. Anyone else who ordered one in the same time frame or anyone thats got any info regarding how their order went down?
Should I expecg maybe getting it earlier than May or is it most likely to come then if they gave that date?
Just felt like 9 months is a loner wait time than usual even for corona. My dealer still says that the car may come earlier.
They havent given me any confirmed build dates. Only estimated build date march/april. But dealee says this could also change to be earlier..
I think it's fully possible you get your car May 2022. Some of us have been waiting ages for a 2022 model because our production was delayed by covid, parts shortages and plant closures. What happened to you was... you ordered September 2021... you couldn't get a build slot for the end of the year because they were busy making cars for people who ordered late spring/summer 2021.

So you got assigned a build slot around March 2022.... then give it two months or so to get the car to your dealership. So I think May 2022 is a reasonable date to expect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You'll be very lucky to get it by May 2022 unless production has now improved so much that older orders are being completed and yours won't be too long after that. I ordered my 250e back in November 2020 and I still haven't got it! The most awful customer service you can imagine. I must be the most patient customer as others after me have had theirs delivered

·
Registered
90 Posts
You'll be very lucky to get it by May 2022 unless production has now improved so much that older orders are being completed and yours won't be too long after that. I ordered my 250e back in November 2020 and I still haven't got it! The most awful customer service you can imagine. I must be the most patient customer as others after me have had theirs delivered
I think your case is different with the CLA250e hybrid. Those models are extremely slow... much slower than the gas powered cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why are Mercedes customer services UK so unhelpful to customers waiting for new car orders in,they just dismiss any requests for updates,adviseing go to dealership BUT DEALERSHIP KNOWS NOTHING BECAUSE HE HAS NO INFORMATION, he tries to help but has no info from Mercedes, Mercedes customers do not forget how they have been treated,we know about pandemic problems etc & customers understand IF THEY ARE NOT EGNORED,by Mercedes customer service UK, one has to start looking at other cars beyond Mercedes, if they continually give impression they are not interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts