Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve ordered a cla35 amg premium plus on the 1st of November and told delivery would be 1st March there now saying est 24th may 7 months seems to me along time is this right any feedback welcomed.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Kevamg :)
Can your dealer offer any insight ?
Covid & Brexit have been major roadblocks.
Other UK members will comment.
__
.... any feedback welcomed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A bit different circumstances for me as I rejected my first CLA 45s plus due to a problem with the brakes, that kept it in the garage for 5 weeks.
But I just got told today that the build date is mid March and I should have it by early April, but this could alter if covid-19 gets in the way.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just finally had my call with mercedes today to order my cla 250e was told it should be around mid to late april.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's not good news, but hopefully by the time you get it you will be free to travel around in it.

·
Registered
CLA 250e Premium Plus (on order)
4 Posts
My 250e (premium plus) was originally estimated for delivery in late April but has been revised to late June.

MB told me there’s a global shortage of silicon used in the computer chips and electronics and apparently the parts aren’t being produced at a rate to cover the demand.

Also, there was a covid outbreak at the facility that produces the sunroofs so there’s a limited supply of the panoramic sunroofs.

Hopefully we don’t get to May and have another update delaying even further.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My order was placed at the end of November and I got a phone call from the dealership, saying I may get it at the end of this month.
And my car comes fully loaded, so I can't understand why you are given them reasons for the delay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My order was placed at the end of November and I got a phone call from the dealership, saying I may get it at the end of this month.
And my car comes fully loaded, so I can't understand why you are given them reasons for the delay?
Mine was placed at the beginning of February. Yours is probably further along the production cycle (possibly already built) if you ordered back in November.

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
... global shortage of silicon ...

uh huh

guess they will say anything

·
Registered
21 Posts
No as they had to raise a build slot for it, so unless yours is produced in a different factory I can't understand why it's taking so long?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The only other thing I could think of, is that there's more of a demand for you particularly model. But seeming that mine should have basically the same equipment as yours I can't see why yours is so delayed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only other thing I could think of, is that there's more of a demand for you particularly model. But seeming that mine should have basically the same equipment as yours I can't see why yours is so delayed?
All the CLAs are made in the same Hungarian factory so that won’t be the reason.

If I get mine in late June then it’s not much longer of a lead time to you. Maybe their original estimation was too optimistic and a 4 to 5 month lead time is normal so they’ve given me any old excuse to keep me off their back?

I’ve gone with the hybrid 250e prem plus in mountain grey. Didn’t opt for the driver assistance package. How about yourself?

·
Registered
21 Posts
All the CLAs are made in the same Hungarian factory so that won’t be the reason.

If I get mine in late June then it’s not much longer of a lead time to you. Maybe their original estimation was too optimistic and a 4 to 5 month lead time is normal so they’ve given me any old excuse to keep me off their back?

I’ve gone with the hybrid 250e prem plus in mountain grey. Didn’t opt for the driver assistance package. How about yourself?
I've got a AMG CLA 45s plus coming, can't be bothered to put it's full spec name down as it's so bloody long. But I did order the driver assist pack, although they have removed collision avoidance part of the package. But were still kind enough to charge me the same price.
Basically the colour and that drivers assist option is the only option I can put on it. But Europe and the US cand have more options than the UK.
What colour are you going for?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts