Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please let me know if i'm an idiot in thinking this, but if i just wanted the shiny diamond grille couldn't i get the normal base package and just paint the diamond parts of the grille with metallic paint? the closeup in the ordering guide doesn't make it seem like there is a huge difference

·
Registered
730 Posts
I don't think a silver-coloured Sharpie will cut'it, so to speak! May be get a custom vinyl shop to spec & cut some self-adhesive metallic overlay pieces to affix to the non-Sports grille pegs...

·
Registered
381 Posts
From a distance it might look OK, but as soon as you get up close it is going to look like $%#* because you'll never get perfect circles drawn with your hand.

It might work on a Chevy, but German cars are known for their engineering precision. It'll look particularly embarrassing, of you ask me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
And what about to order just the diamond grile? I had the same "problem". While I was ordering mine I didn't want sport pack, I just like its grile.
I was told I can order just this grile additionally during production of my car.
Anyway one month after placing the order I changed my mind about the colour so grile doesn't bother me anymore :) But its good to know this diamond option is possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure Mercedes will sell you a shiny diamond grille. If it gets totalled by a deer and or pheasant, as is the case with me... you'll want to buy a new one. Merc must be ready for this eventuality.

Leave the marker pens to the artists!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm sure Mercedes will sell you a shiny diamond grille. If it gets totalled by a deer and or pheasant, as is the case with me... you'll want to buy a new one. Merc must be ready for this eventuality.

Leave the marker pens to the artists!
You got a pheasant in your grille? That must be an interesting story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts