Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I installed it myself 3 weeks ago. Is your car USDM? If not let me help you with the install cause you may need to fabricate some spacers for the crashbar, I am already sending some templates to the Turboguys.
Also, I can not stress this enough, use their provided foam extensively and correctly, if not you will feel and hear a small bouncing that comes from the IC bouncing and hitting the crashbar, nothing serious but not pleasant.
GLA FMIC Install - Album on Imgur Pictures of the install.

Now to the possitive. It's freaking HUGE! It flows amazing and the turbo baffle delete changes the sound a lot! the engine sounds throatier when pushed at higher rpms, no longer sounds kind of turn down.
Also there is a noticeable amount of torque difference. It should net a tuned car anywhere from 8 to 15whp, throttle response got better as well, I see no need for a PedalCommander or any similar thing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Going to install the intercooler next week and will let you know if I run into any issues - not expecting to but who knows (I'm in the US).

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Yeah, these late snow storms we've gotten in CT have slowed us down, but the car is back up and running and we're working on getting to the DYNO for the final results and then the turbo will be ready. The hardware is done, software almost there! :)
What? A little snow slowing you down? What do you think your new (HOT) turbo is for? ?
But ummm you can do dyno runs if it is snowing outside right? Point the exhaust pipes out? ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Care to give me your take on the AEM intake?
Absolutely. Just as soon as I get around to installing it lol! Its been sitting in its box for a couple weeks but I am going to install either this weekend or early next week so I'll post pics and a review in another thread.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, these late snow storms we've gotten in CT have slowed us down, but the car is back up and running and we're working on getting to the DYNO for the final results and then the turbo will be ready. The hardware is done, software almost there! :)
there is going to be a software tune for a250?

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Did anyone get the turbo muffler delete? Interested to know what changes it made to their turbo sounds and performance (if any).

also how easy/difficult was the install?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did anyone get the turbo muffler delete? Interested to know what changes it made to their turbo sounds and performance (if any).

It didn’t do much at all. The turbo spool is slightly more noticeable and the installation is fairly simple. You’ll have to remove the turbo intake pipe to get to it, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts

Yep like ClassisMan mentioned, not a massively noticeable difference. Can't feel any performance gains, but the turbo spooling sound is more prominent.
Still not a bad 'cheap-ish' modification!

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if that holey baffle was the noise engineer’s “up yours” for the boss who wanted -1dB down so the bean counter could only spend +2.1€ on that thermoplastic thingie and -2.1€ less on firewall insulation
I mean good grief when I first saw that veggie strainer in an installation file I thought why on earth would the dang Germans purposely disrupt the turbo output flow path?
Well if and when I swap for a larger heat capacity fmic that flash looking thing is a goner!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts